WiFi Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by grondinm, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    I have noticed recently that sometimes my Mi2 will not connect to wifi networks that i have already connected to. Just now i am at work and have had my Mi2 connected to the wifi here before but it would not find it. The network was not even in the list of networks. So i restarted the phone and then it found it right away. I had something similar happen at home the other day but then when i opened the wifi settings it found the network. The first time i experienced this i though maybe something is messed so i wiped all data and reflashed the rom but that does not seem to have helped. Anyone else getting this.

2. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    I think Wi-Fi is bugged in Mi2. I sometimes have wifi network drops for a few seconds. It disconnects and connects again. But mostly it disconnects before I want to sent something, like tapatalk replay and it tries to sent over normal 3G network. Its not very bother issue but it exist.

3. that is not what i wanted to hear. Overall it seems wifi is better in Mi2 then in my I9000 as i have stronger signal in my basement. I also did not notice any problems the first few days i had the phone. Maybe it's related to 2.12.28...

4. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Well. I think M2 is getting constant kernel updates from Qualcomm, because it has 3.4.0 kernel and only Nexus 4 got the same newest version. So probably Xiaomi will fix those issues with Qualcomm and MIUI updates.

5. :) that is good to hear and is what i figured(in the end). was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with wifi.

6. kpeter

kpeterMembers

Oct 1, 2012
    Male
    have also problem with wifi. With the orginal rom miui_MI2_JLB7.0 the wifi don't freez.

Share Our Site