Wifi Won't Toggle/activate.

Zappline

Members
Aug 16, 2017
Hello everyone. I have a major problem. About 3h ago I noticed my wifi was gone. And now I can't toggle it. If I try to do it through the drop down many nothing happens it's like it's not even register my finger pressing the button. If I go into settings and activate it. It never starts searching for any networks and if I press back leaving wifi options. It simply states that the wifi is off. I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it. Please, if anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful.

Hello everyone. I have a major problem. About 3h ago I noticed my wifi was gone. And now I can't toggle it. If I try to do it through the drop down many nothing happens it's like it's not even register my finger pressing the button. If I go into settings and activate it. It never starts searching for any networks and if I press back leaving wifi options. It simply states that the wifi is off. I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it. Please, if anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful.
Your rom version?

Your rom version?
Ywh5KIx

MIUI 8.7 by xiaomi.eu 7.6.10

Hope that helps. Also I have to say I'm not that good at all this stuff sadly.

Could also add that my MAC adress for some reason have become 02:00:00:00.....

Last edited:
Ywh5KIx

MIUI 8.7 by xiaomi.eu 7.6.10

Hope that helps. Also I have to say I'm not that good at all this stuff sadly.

Could also add that my MAC adress for some reason have become 02:00:00:00.....
Have you tried flashing the rom again?

If you want older version you have to wipe data also, have you done that? Factory reset?
No I did not wipe data I think. I have not tried factory reset cause every topic I have read on this problem seems to say it's a useless procedure buy. Maybe I should give it a try. But I need to make factory reset I'd I wanna use an older version right? That's what you mean with a data wipe?

No I did not wipe data I think. I have not tried factory reset cause every topic I have read on this problem seems to say it's a useless procedure buy. Maybe I should give it a try. But I need to make factory reset I'd I wanna use an older version right? That's what you mean with a data wipe?
If you try older version, then make factory reset in twrp (necessary) if you want to downgrade. Remember to make a backup if you need one.

One thing I can say for sure that wifi works in the latest stable release for Kenzo. My brother use it.

One thing I can say for sure that wifi works in the latest stable release for Kenzo. My brother use it.
I tried factory reset. And that fixed the problem for about 30 minutes and now I'm back to where I started. So all stuff gone for nothing :( I'm not sure if it has to do with the ROM or not. But which is the latest stable ROM so I can try it out ?

Installed this and still the same problem. I guess there is nothing to it but giving this up. I found a guide i will try. I don't have much to loose at this point :p

Hey,

did you fixed that problem?
I'm having that issue for more than a month now and nothing i found on the web fix this.
I'm starting to think that is a hardware problem... damn