Will Xiaomi.eu Rom Solve Lithuanian Language Issues?

Kieras

Members
Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone I was directed here from en.miui.com, they said that official rom does not support my local language (Lithuanian) symbols, and they said that maybe your rom will solve it.
Please take a look at the image bellow. You see in the red underlined name there are all the symbols "Eglė Valiukėnaitė", but in the upper sentence where I marked it with red circles some symbols are missing "Egl Valiuk nait " I see this not only in FB but in other apps to. So will your rom solve this or there is no point in loosing warranty by installing it?
Thank you
fb.jpg
fb.jpg

Could it be font issue, some UTF-8 characters missing from font? Another theme with different font might fix that, if app uses system font.

maybe stupid question, but, how could I change the theme?
Found that I can change font in the display settings... downloaded some of the free fonts, but still no good. P.S. how do I get those Mi credits to download the fonts that are not free?

Last edited:
Our ROM contains Lithuanian fonts.. So just install our ROM..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Anyone could suggest a thread with the step by step eu rom installation for dummies process?

anyone? i bet i will have problems with support after installing eu rom if even such a request is difficult for you guys :(

Hey dude, I'm brazilian and using the global rom I had the same issues with brazilian symbols, yesterday I flashed the EU rom and was really easy, on my post you can have the link that I used and some member of the community helping me with the steps try it out and see if it help you.

Obs: Remove spaces from link since I'm a new member I can't post links.

https :// xiaomi. eu/community/threads/afraid-to-flash-eu-rom.35486/

Also, on the link below you can see the supported languages, i couldn't find any mention to "lithuania" but since i don't know your language maybe you can find it there or any other with compatible characters.

https ://xiaomi. eu/community/threads/6-9-29.35401/

ingbrzy mentioned that this rom contains lithuanian symbols... not necessary it should contain the language as I still use english as system language.

I asked xiaomi to unlock bootloader yesterday, but now I'm thinking maybe I should follow the link that you had in your thread and try to unlock it without xiaomi? but again it a bit to technical for me :( sometimes I don;t even understand what shal I install on my PC and what on the phone? :(

Guy, I'm on work right now and can't explain in details, I'll try to resume what I remember and if even that way you can't figure out latter at home I can try to describe step by step, basicaly is about it:

Step 0) I forgot about it, make a backup of your everything.

Step 1) Download:
ADB/Fastboot (I got it from some of the links on the other thread)
The rom 6.1.7 (Or the right version from the link to unlock it, I don't record the number)
MiFlash (It seens to be a xiaomi program to flash roms)
The TWRP Recovery (This one I think I got from some link on google, just search for TWRP MI4c and you will find it)
The EU MIUI rom that you want to use

Step 2) Install ADB and Miflash programs.

Step 3) Rename the TWRP file to something easy to type like "twrp" you will need to type it on a DOS windows.

Step 4) Now following the tutorial to unlock without xiaomi you will start your phone on fastboot It's just about turn it off, and turn on pressing volume down together. The device should turn on with only a animal with a hat fixing the green android and "fastboot" below both.

Step 5) Copy and paste the TWRP file to the ADB folder.

Step 6) connect the device on fastboot mode to the PC

Step 7) Press shift on the PC and right click inside the ADB folder like when you will create a new folder. but instead you will choose "open a command prompt here" or something like it.

Step 8) you should enter the tutorial command on ADB "fastboot blablabla don't remember the command"

Step 9) now you should follow the tutorial i don't remember the exacly thing but is about turn on the device on a totally black screen like he is dead

Step 10) still following the tutorial you open the MiFlash program and click on "browse" so you should search for the rom 6.1.7 and them click on flash.

Step 11) Start your phone normally like you would use it (i even configured it to the point i could use the android, just to make sure)

Step 12) Follow the tutorial i don't remember but I think is about to fastboot again the device conect to pc and use another command.

Step 13) now you have the unlocked bootloader, you will again use an ADB command to instal TWRP.

Step 14) Start TWRP you again can use a ADB command to do this or if I'm not wrong volume UP + turn on will get you there

Step 15) Go to wipe and clean everything.

Step 16) put the desired rom into the phone using your pc

Step 17) on twrp choose install e search for the rom on the folder you passed it.

Step 18) Be happy and have a beer.

For now It's what I can remember, hope it help you, if it's not enough sorry, let me know and latter I can try to help you more.

found it.... not the build number should be taped, but MUI version... why it is so complicated and not according the instructions posted on the internet :( anyway carrying on... will post if I get stuck further

now I'm stuck here:
Step 1 – First thing first, you need to downgrade your phone to MIUI Dev Build v6.1.21. So transfer the downloaded “miui_MI4c_6.1.21_d1d054460d_5.1.zip” file into your phone’s internal storage.

Step 2 – On your phone, launch up the Updater app >> Tap on the three dots option [] at the top right-hand corner of your screen >> select Choose Update Package option >> locate the ROM .zip file you’ve downloaded / transferred and choose it.

I have downloaded, but when I do the second step I get "can't verify update. Couldn't verify update package"

Hello, I did not get any help with the issue above, so I asked xioami to unlock bootloader, but dis not get any answer in more than 20 days already. So whaat shall I do