Windows 8.1 Doesn't Recognize Mi2s

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by Ssnipo, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Ssnipo

SsnipoMembers

Aug 22, 2013
    Male
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    I tried everything on internet:

- I have disabled Driver Signature Verification (http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18860&page=1#pid379248)
    - I have installed MiPhoneManager
    - I have installed MiFlash
    - I have installed ADB Drivers 1.4.2
    - I have installed Android SDK and USB Google Driver
    - I have installed drivers through android_winusb.inf
    - I have tried by having Device Manager search on the drivers folder (http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/xiaomi_usb_driver.rar)
    - I have tried to uninstall all drivers with USBDeview (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and tried again, over and over

All this in two different desktop pcs.

It's very frustrating.
    Device Manager keeps showing an USB Device with the yellow alert icon. =(

If someone has any other idea, I'm all ears.

Thank you

2. Bucci

BucciMembers

Dec 16, 2014
    Male
    Try to insttal PDAnet - http://pdanet.co/

My Mi2S works perfect on my Win8.1 without PDAnet driver, but in the past when I had any problem with whatever phone, PDAnet helped well

PS: be sure, some older equipment don't like USB3.0 cables and ports

3. Ssnipo

SsnipoMembers

Aug 22, 2013
    Male
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    @Bucci I forgot to list PDAnet, but I already tried it too. It hangs at "Updating PdaNet on your phone...".
    But I'm trying again, it's hanging at the same step over 30 minutes now. I don't believe it'll complete.

Which ROM do you use?

I'm with sMiui from @sebsch1991, maybe because I remove Xiaomi Framework/Services? Hard to believe that it's something related.

4. Ex:Jhon Doe

Jul 10, 2014
    It won't be related to that Xiaomi framework. I disabled it and never had problem connecting mi2s to my PC.

Does your phone connect properly to other Windows versions? Try it first...

5. Bucci

BucciMembers

Dec 16, 2014
    Male
    Currently I have M1chaa's CM12, but it worked also with MIUI and CM11

6. Ssnipo

SsnipoMembers

Aug 22, 2013
    Male
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Yesterday I could test only on Windows 8 and 8.1

Right now I have tested on OpenSUSE and it worked, neither was necessary install drivers. =/

Sadly I still have to make it work with Windows 8.1, because these are my computers on my work and at home.

7. Ex:Jhon Doe

Jul 10, 2014
    In Windows go to device manger and click display hidden devices. There will be your phone as a unrecognized device probably with yellow exclamation mark. Click on it with right mouse button and let it remove. Then plug in your phone again and post the result.

8. Ssnipo

SsnipoMembers

Aug 22, 2013
    Male
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    #8Ssnipo,Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    I choosen to show hidden devices in Device Manager, after I removed everything related to mobile devices and four unknown USB Devices and then connected my phone again. Not worked.
    So, I installed ADB Drivers and got nothing too.

Here is the actual state of my device manager (showing hidden devices):
    [​IMG]

If I install MiPhone Manager, it'll install the drivers for "MI 2", but the "USB Device" will keep there. Inside Other Devices (Outros Dispositivos).

9. Ssnipo

SsnipoMembers

Aug 22, 2013
    Male
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    I removed every driver with USBDeview another time, then installed MiPhone Manager (English Version this time), connected the Mi2S, uninstalled MiPhoneManager, reconnected the phone and it worked!

There is no logic, I still have the phone as an unknown USB Device.
    But now Chrome (and ADB) is listing my device, so I can do remote debugging.
    https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/remote-debugging

Thank you Bucci and Jhon Doe.

10. X4nfire

X4nfireMembers

Jun 28, 2014
    Male
    I had the same problem with windows 8.1.It was working fine at first and at some point stopped recognizing my phone on mtp mode, only on ptp was working.I made a lot clean installs of various roms and tried a lot of what you did but didn't help, so i finally formated my laptop and voila, everything is fine now on windows 8.1.So i'm guessing something went bad and could not be undone with the usual methods.

11. Hieron

HieronMembers

Aug 11, 2013
    Male
    I think my case is even worse: when I attach my phone to laptop with usb cable, my phone reboots and gets stuck in bootloop until I unplug the usb cable...

If anyone has any idea why, please lemme know.

it happens on win7 and 8.1 machines

12. laks98

laks98Members

Mar 1, 2015
    This is probably because your first driver installation is corrupted.

Find out the exact USB driver used by Mi on your computer, by removing and plugging in your phone.

Do a fresh dinner installation. You will be all set. Had the same issue myself someone ago.

Best

Ssnipo likes this.
  13. Hieron

HieronMembers

Aug 11, 2013
    Male
    I found that its my ROM different ROM on my other system partition works fine

Share Our Site