New Wireless android auto crash/reset on network loss

jeremymcevoy

Members
Jan 10, 2023
This is a bug that has plagued MIUI for ages now. I was hopeful that it would be one of the many bugs fixed when switching to Xiaomi EU... This rom is almost perfect, and I love everything the team has done. This is just the one glaring issue left for me, and it would be incredible to see it fixed. Wireless Android Auto is becoming more common in more and more cars. This bug can lead to it disconnecting multiple times within a drive, and I often resort back to a cable. Im worried that soon, this may not even be an option as wireless becomes more common. I don't think Xiaomi has any interest in fixing this issue, but this feels like a hopeful way to get this issue solved.

I still have the same issue on Xiaomi 12 Pro, stock rom. It is sooo annoying. We can only wait, or go for different brand. I am thinking about Xiaomi 13 Pro, but it makes no sense because of this unresolved issue.

Turning off "switch between networks" in WLAN/Network acceleration solved the problem for me!
What do you mean? This one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-02-21-58-02-403_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-02-21-58-02-403_com.android.settings.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 954
This one:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-03-07-32-38-518_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-03-07-32-38-518_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 968
Settings \ Wi-Fi \ Network Acceleration \ <Switch between networks>
Network acceleration features are device-specific, but also may not be available on Global ROM.

Check my previous post, I do not have this option. I use only one SIM card (one slot).
You said you were using stock ROM, in which case I'm not sure why you're seeking for support here.

Reactions: Birraque
Network acceleration features are device-specific, but also may not be available on Global ROM.

You said you were using stock ROM, in which case I'm not sure why you're seeking for support here.
Understand. If I switch to custom (xiaomi.eu), this specific setting will solve my problem? If yes, than it is clear for me. I am looking for any support. If it is custom rom, I will go for it. Thanks!

Sounds like it, according to the users who commented here. I have no idea about Android Auto.
Thank you Igor, I will try anyway. I did not flash miui since Redmi Note 8 pro, have to read a little :) If you found my posts as trash, no worries, it can be deleted.

Still disconnects even turned off Settings <Switch between networks>

I am on latest miui 14 stable Xiaomi.eu

I was hoping this might have been resolved with the new HyperOS, but it seems the bug is still there. Surely this shouldn't be too difficult for the MIUI developers to solve? I wonder if a custom rom might provide some options in regards to the "network switching/ Wifi".