Would flashing MIUI 9.6.4.0 on MIUI 10.2.2.0 trigger ARB's protection?

supremeb

Members
Jun 28, 2019
This topic is really confusing to me. Both roms have ARB 4 so would it be a problem to flash MIUI 9 on the MIUI 10 in TWRP? I have unlocked bootloader. I did some research online in the past days and haven't gotten any further. Some say it's possible and they have done it and some say it would trigger ARB because the version is lower. Any information on that? I'd really like to go back to MIUI 9.

Edit: I was on MIUI 10.3 Stable (pie) and managed to downgrade to 10.2 (oreo). Does it mean I can even downgrade it to 10.0.6.0?

Last edited:
You can flash every ROM with ARB4, so 9.5.19.0 and higher. Some people say its not possible, because they have no idea how it works. You can do it, but what's ur point with using old soft?

I just liked better the MIUI 9, that's all. I wanted to give it a try. Some people say it's possible and some say it's not so it's really confusing.

Last edited:
Hope you guys don't mind me piggybacking in this thread, but I am also trying to figure out possible issues with anti-rollback.
I'm on version 9.6.27 (the latest weekly I got from OTA updates), but was planning on giving the phone away to my sister, who'd prefer a full stock experience.

I figure I can use Miflash to get back to stock, but are there going to be issues with the Anti Rollback Protection if I go back to the latest stock? Does that also restore the stock recovery or can I keep twrp on my device?

Thanks in advance,
just want to confirm some stuff before I end up doing stupid things