Wrong password

Dirk Delarue

Members
Apr 1, 2019
Hi, i just bought a new Xiaomi Mi 9 phone, during the pre-install i choosed the fingerprint option to unluck the screen. Then i filled in a 5 digit pin code to unlock the screen.
After half an hour installing all kind of apps i switched the phone off and on again. But now i can't login anymore with only my fingerprint, i need to fill in the pincode, but it refuses the pin ???
Probably I was distracted and in a huury and I mistyped a digit in the beginning !
Is there a possibility to reset the phone and pin-password ?

During the first install i also logged in with my dirk.delarue11@gmail account to install the apps.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks in advance

Dirk Delarue

Hi, i just bought a new Xiaomi Mi 9 phone, during the pre-install i choosed the fingerprint option to unluck the screen. Then i filled in a 5 digit pin code to unlock the screen.
After half an hour installing all kind of apps i switched the phone off and on again. But now i can't login anymore with only my fingerprint, i need to fill in the pincode, but it refuses the pin ???
Probably I was distracted and in a huury and I mistyped a digit in the beginning !
Is there a possibility to reset the phone and pin-password ?

During the first install i also logged in with my dirk.delarue11@gmail account to install the apps.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks in advance

Dirk Delarue
mistype is impossible unless you mistyped it successfully twice in first instance. Phone will always ask for pin at first boot if a fingerprint was added.

Ok, i agree but however the device does not accept my pin anymore.
And now ? what can i do ..... phone is only 12 hours old.

I am not sure (please ask also a confirm to someone more expert than me), but i think you have to flash an original rom (global or china, depending your phone), with miflash.
You will lost all your data, but you will be able to recover your phone.

I am not sure (please ask also a confirm to someone more expert than me), but i think you have to flash an original rom (global or china, depending your phone), with miflash.
You will lost all your data, but you will be able to recover your phone.

if the phone cant be unlocked with PIN, yes fastboot mode and flash_all (full erase) is only way which clears data / keylock etc, as the phone is 12 hours old there shouldn't be much if any critical data on the device.