Xiaomi 11 Ultra - MIUI 12.5.2

resurgence

Members
Aug 26, 2021
I purchased my Xiaomi 11 Ultra from Trading Shenzen in Sept 2021 and its running MIUI 12.5.2 on Android 11 via TWRP. I was not confident upgrading to A12 via the Fastboot method and therefore did not upgrade.

I am wondering if its now possible for me to update to A12 via TWRP?

I apologise in advance if this has already been covered.

Yes, it is possible. But you need to update TWRP first.

Download the current TWRP and flash it on your phone. current TWRP
Update TWRP as shown in the image.

Attachments

• instalace_TWRP.png
    instalace_TWRP.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
@gogocar62 Is there a Android 12 ROM yet which is installable for Mi 11 Ultra with TWRP?
I haven't seen any right now. All of them seems to be only installable with Fastboot, since TWRP for Android 12 came out just recently.
Did you mean it will be installable with TWRP in the future if there were ROMs released for TWRP installing?
Even in the main Thread it's suggested for the moment just updating with Fastboot method to and on Android 12:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/

Hi All,

Trading Shenzhen is telling me to flash TWRP over the top of my existing TWRP. I am confused. Does this sound correct? Can't I just upgrade TWRP with instructions above?

Hi All,

Trading Shenzhen is telling me to flash TWRP over the top of my existing TWRP. I am confused. Does this sound correct? Can't I just upgrade TWRP with instructions above?

Don't flash anything, just boot the new twrp --> "fastboot boot twrp.img" (command may vary)..

..and install the Rom from within, the process will then make the recovery persistent.

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Don't flash anything, just boot the new twrp --> "fastboot boot twrp.img" (command may vary)..

..and install the Rom from within, the process will then make the recovery persistent.

Regards

Huh? How about the update instructions above? Isn't that easier??

Not really, the script does the same thing, it only boots the recovery, the inject thing is not necessary as you are installing the Rom anyways, ..

Boot -> flash -> reboot / format data ( if first install/ changing branch).

Easy as pie.

I understand apologies

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: katerpanne
Mate what? Read the post above, it's literally 2 steps to update TWRP within TWRP. Stop posting nonsense and confusing people!
Why nonsense?

Fact is, you don't need to upgrade twrp by flashing it, it's sufficient to boot it, then flash the desired Rom, after either reboot (same branch) or format data ( official -> xiaomi.eu or stable <> weekly)

The Rom installation will install and make persistent the twrp on your behalf, safe and sound without the risk of having an incompatible / not working twrp.

This way it's less risky (you only boot it) and more convenient, especially for the average user.

Plus, that's exactly the way advertised within the weekly OP.

Thx for your respect and understanding.

Regards.

Reactions: resurgence
Why nonsense?

Fact is, you don't need to upgrade twrp by flashing it, it's sufficient to boot it, then flash the desired Rom, after either reboot (same branch) or format data ( official -> xiaomi.eu or stable <> weekly)

The Rom installation will install and make persistent the twrp on your behalf, safe and sound without the risk of having an incompatible / not working twrp.

This way it's less risky (you only boot it) and more convenient, especially for the average user.

Plus, that's exactly the way advertised within the weekly OP.

Thx for your respect and understanding.

Regards.

I understand, apologies, I was wrong.

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Out of curiosity if I just want to update my TWRP will the steps in the screenshot above work? It's the second post in this thread from gogocar62. Also will updating TWRP wipe my device?

Last edited:
Updating TWRP will not wipe data.

Updating TWRP will not wipe data.
Thanks do I have to rename the twrp img file before installing it? It's called 3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v3.7_A12-star-skkk_7bb5f333.img

img. the file used in the phone does not need to be renamed.
Thanks, once I update TWRP, am I able to update the ROM using the MIUI Updater? I am currently on 12.5.20 xiaomi.eu stable and want to go to A12, MIUI 13.
Really appreciate all your help, sincerely appreciated!!

Thanks, once I update TWRP, am I able to update the ROM using the MIUI Updater? I am currently on 12.5.20 xiaomi.eu stable and want to go to A12, MIUI 13.
Really appreciate all your help, sincerely appreciated!!
yes if your twrp is permanent

Sm
img. the file used in the phone does not need to be renamed.
Small issue, when I boot into TWRP and select "Install", it does not show the .img file. I can see it when I boot my phone normally in the Download folder:
3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v3.7_A12-star-skkk_7bb5f333.img

Edit: Nevermind found it. New issue, the only options I have to installed the img are:

1)Boot
2)Dtbo
3)Persist
4)Super (system etc etc)

Any ideas?

Sm

Small issue, when I boot into TWRP and select "Install", it does not show the .img file. I can see it when I boot my phone normally in the Download folder:
3.6.2_12-Mi11Ultra-Mi11Pro_v3.7_A12-star-skkk_7bb5f333.img

Any ideas?
You must use the right button down "Install Image"

You must use the right button down "Install Image"
Nevermind found it. New issue, the only options I have to install the img are:

1)Boot
2)Dtbo
3)Persist
4)Super (system etc etc)

Any ideas? I don't see the "Install Recovery Ramdisk" option

Nevermind found it. New issue, the only options I have to install the img are: