Xiaomi 12S (mayfly)

Paiky_7

Members
Jul 16, 2022
My 12S arrived yesterday! :D My first Xiaomi phone since 2018. My previous one was a Mi Mix 2s with (of course) Xiaomi.EU Rom. The battery life is very good and I didn't feel any overheating. The main camera takes good photos. Otherwise the 12S should be like the normal 12. Same display, same speakers, same design, much better battery life and No hothead. The China Rom has no major bugs so far. But I can't connect my Galaxy Watch 4 because the watch doesn't support the phone. I read on the internet that Samsung introduced a kind of region lock. Only EU Smartwatch can connect to EU smartphones. Notifications arrive delayed. I have given all permissions for WhatsApp and Yahoo Mail, but unfortunately some of the notifications only arrive when I start the app. Does anyone have a solution for the CN Rom? I hope that maybe a Xiaomi.Eu rom is coming for Mayfly. I left a small donation there. :) You are doing great job guys!

Greets from Germany!
1657978868078.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-16-15-28-26-513_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-16-15-28-26-513_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20220716_130941.jpg
    IMG_20220716_130941.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_2022-07-16-16-49-21-987_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-16-16-49-21-987_com.android.settings.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Reactions: ingbrzy
My 12S arrived yesterday! :D My first Xiaomi phone since 2018. My previous one was a Mi Mix 2s with (of course) Xiaomi.EU Rom. The battery life is very good and I didn't feel any overheating. The main camera takes good photos. Otherwise the 12S should be like the normal 12. Same display, same speakers, same design, much better battery life and No hothead. The China Rom has no major bugs so far. But I can't connect my Galaxy Watch 4 because the watch doesn't support the phone. I read on the internet that Samsung introduced a kind of region lock. Only EU Smartwatch can connect to EU smartphones. Notifications arrive delayed. I have given all permissions for WhatsApp and Yahoo Mail, but unfortunately some of the notifications only arrive when I start the app. Does anyone have a solution for the CN Rom? I hope that maybe a Xiaomi.Eu rom is coming for Mayfly. I left a small donation there. :) You are doing great job guys!

Greets from Germany!
View attachment 43044

Before I installed EU rom on my M11 Ultra, I followed this guide to get notifications in real time on my CN Rom and it worked 100%

EDIT: Apparently Youtube links are banned. Search for "Xiaomi MIUI notification fix (100% works)" by uploader : Jiantong Fang

Reactions: Paiky_7
I did a factroy reset and this time I didn't uninstall any Xiaomi system apps (I even left all the china bloatware on). I also deactivated the MIUI battery optimization for the most important apps. Now the notifications arrive without delay. Apparently I deleted important system apps for the notification when I first set it up. Now I'm very happy with the phone, but an EU ROM for the phone would be awesome. I keep my fingers crossed that something will come.

Last edited:
Hello , i have 12s ultra and im tired of this size of phones... how is the battery life now on xiaomi 12s ? im really intriguied to buy! thanks