Xiaomi 13 Pro Default Browser

vali87

Members
May 16, 2023

Hello everyone,​

Change swipe up search to Google instead of miui search.I can't set the default system broswer to be google, for two days mibrowser opens instead of google, I searched in all possible settings and it doesn't work, I'm starting to hate this phone and I'm starting to regret switching from Samsung to Xiaomi, does anyone have an idea or should I get rid of Xiaomi for good and go back to Samsung.​

If you want to change the default browser can do so easily in "Settings->Apps->Manage Apps" and select "Standard-Apps" in the Three-dot-menu

To change the swipe-up-search gesture you can do so in the Home screen settings, as described here

If you want to change the default browser can do so easily in "Settings->Apps->Manage Apps" and select "Standard-Apps" in the Three-dot-menu

To change the swipe-up-search gesture you can do so in the Home screen settings, as described here
hi friend thank you very much for your reply, before posting here I tried all these options but google search just won't work, the phone in question is Xiaomi 13 Pro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-16-14-49-34-585_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-16-14-49-34-585_com.android.settings.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 184

Hello everyone,​

Change swipe up search to Google instead of miui search.I can't set the default system broswer to be google, for two days mibrowser opens instead of google, I searched in all possible settings and it doesn't work, I'm starting to hate this phone and I'm starting to regret switching from Samsung to Xiaomi, does anyone have an idea or should I get rid of Xiaomi for good and go back to Samsung.​

It looks like you are not using xiaomi.eu ROM.
This ROM does not use "MIUI search", it only uses Google search. https://streamable.com/hb9adv
You can disable the MIUI browser if you don't want to use it.

Reactions: s3axel
It looks like you are not using xiaomi.eu ROM.
This ROM does not use "MIUI search", it only uses Google search. https://streamable.com/hb9adv
You can disable the MIUI browser if you don't want to use it.
thank you very much for your reply, the phone was bought in Germany from the store, so it must have the European ROM installed, and Google worked until 2 days ago, please watch the video I am uploading now. thanks

The swipe up gesture in the MIUI System launcher has nothing to do with your default Browser app.
It explicitly opens Mi Browser, it's been hardcoded like that.
Obviously, on our ROMs it works differently as a Global Search function, not a Browser search.