Xiaomi 13 Ultra announced

ToneLa

Members
Sep 5, 2020
looks incredible for a photographer

Even the Leica site going gonzo lmao

I am interested. This is global too. May not need to import from china

But willing to. I hope Xiaomi.EU supports it. Cameras aside it is the same as this series

Unless someone has a reason I might sit til the global version though groundflooring a device with this custom ROM I would reintergrate myself here and XDA

But willing to. I hope Xiaomi.EU supports it. Cameras aside it is the same as this series

Unless someone has a reason I might sit til the global version though groundflooring a device with this custom ROM I would reintergrate myself here and XDA
I feel the same, as a photographer, that camera sounds great. I have been using the Xiaomi 13 Pro for the last couple of months (Global version), with the EU Rom. Now considering waiting for the Global 13 Ultra.

Reactions: ToneLa
I feel the same, as a photographer, that camera sounds great. I have been using the Xiaomi 13 Pro for the last couple of months (Global version), with the EU Rom. Now considering waiting for the Global 13 Ultra.
And what are your thoughts as photographer about 13 Pro camera ?

I have gone through a few reviews by Chinese youtubers and they all gave a pretty high score on the camera and photos shot by 13 Ultra. Some of them said Xiaomi 13 ultra is more like a camera with phone function rather than a phone that can take photos. I started with 11 ultra and now using a 12S Ultra. Have placed the order to get a green 13 Ultra. Very exciting. If that will help you guys to speed up the rom developing for 13 ultra, I am happy to make a contribution by chipping in some money so you guys can get enough to get a real phone like what we did last year.

I have gone through a few reviews by Chinese youtubers and they all gave a pretty high score on the camera and photos shot by 13 Ultra. Some of them said Xiaomi 13 ultra is more like a camera with phone function rather than a phone that can take photos. I started with 11 ultra and now using a 12S Ultra. Have placed the order to get a green 13 Ultra. Very exciting. If that will help you guys to speed up the rom developing for 13 ultra, I am happy to make a contribution by chipping in some money so you guys can get enough to get a real phone like what we did last year.
i already ordered one and i am also willing to give a contribution same as for the .EU Rom development for the 12S Ultra

Last edited:
ok. I am gonna wait a little longer but my last two Xiaomi phones I imported. Liaow and TradingShenzen

If Xiaomi.eu do have a rom for it in time it would work on Chinese firmware

Let this thread know how it is, I am very tempted by the green version

And what are your thoughts as photographer about 13 Pro camera ?
The 13 Pro has an impressive camera. I like it a lot. The zoom qualities of the 13 Ultra seem stronger which I like.
I really enjoyed the 12S Ultra. The only reason why I sold it was, that the network connectivity was not good enough for where I live. I moved to the countryside in New Zealand. The Global version of the Xiaomi phone works well here, it delivers all frequencies which I need in rural life.

Reactions: ingbrzy
Hi all, Couldn't help myself and just ordered the 13 Ultra (green) myself. Looking forward to this camera device. I also will financially support the EU ROM for this phone.
All the best and greetings from New Zealand, Birgit

Reactions: Tony99
I imported last year also the 12S Ultra Chinese Version to Switzerland and travelled a lot arround Europe, UAE, and Singapore. Didn't noticed any cellular signal problems.
Hi… may I ask you on which provider you are in Switzerland? I had sometimes a week signal with my 12s ultra in rural regions with Swisscom. Thx

just in terms of importing Chinese phones it is wise to research what 4g bands work. Between the ones your country offers and the hardware-set unchangable ones the phone supports you could lose coverage

I am in the UK. I went with EE and have full coverage - they repurposed some of the 3g bands for 4g.

I consider this problem solved for me, but it is wise to check. GSMarena will tell you the hardware bands.

Reactions: Birgit Krippner
Hi… may I ask you on which provider you are in Switzerland? I had sometimes a week signal with my 12s ultra in rural regions with Swisscom. Thx
Hi, i had in the past several Chinese Xiaomi Phones, startet with the first Xiaomi Mix. Since than, i use the provider Sunrise, Yallo or TalkTalk. The last both use the same network from Sunrise. Had never problemes here. Cheers

Hi, i had in the past several Chinese Xiaomi Phones, startet with the first Xiaomi Mix. Since than, i use the provider Sunrise, Yallo or TalkTalk. The last both use the same network from Sunrise. Had never problemes here. Cheers
Thank you for the answer. I was for 6 years on different Xiaomi phones… up to the 12s Ultra. Now I am for the first time on Vivo (X90 pro plus). Great phone. Great camera. Battery life.. soso.

I am on Wingo (Swisscom)… and on some points the signal with the 12s Ultra was breaking down (Region Appenzell).

Still considering to buy 13 Ultra.

I'm hoping and praying they come up with a global rom for the 13 ultra

I'm hoping and praying they come up with a global rom for the 13 ultra
The people in charge of xiaomi.eu are really amazing. I have confidence that there will be a global ROM for the 13 Ultra and I am willing to support this with a donation. I ordered the 13 Ultra from Giztop on Friday, it has not shipped yet. Has any of you received the 13 Ultra already?

Mine left Wonda yesterday (Monday) according to DHL tracking, here, UK, Wednesday by end of day hopefully. They said that they wouldn't dispatch until 26th, so well happy it left early. Rugged shield case on order via Ali for some added protection.

Last edited:
BTW I'll also contribute to Xiaomi.EU-development for this device, just let me know how to do this ....