Xiaomi 13 useless

vidra

Members
Dec 24, 2022
I got my Xiaomi 13 a few days ago from China..Its basically useless. None of the apps (LINE, Messenger, Whatsapp) have ringtones or notification sounds. It seems like the old bug when the ringtones are not visible for the apps.. Permission issues? Not sure. I guess I will just have to wait for any MIUI 14 updates. Also selfie camera is crap. Images burn out and are noisy. White balance seems also off.. I hope its only a software fix. Otherwise the phone is beautiful..

I got my Xiaomi 13 a few days ago from China..Its basically useless. None of the apps (LINE, Messenger, Whatsapp) have ringtones or notification sounds. It seems like the old bug when the ringtones are not visible for the apps.. Permission issues? Not sure. I guess I will just have to wait for any MIUI 14 updates. Also selfie camera is crap. Images burn out and are noisy. White balance seems also off.. I hope its only a software fix. Otherwise the phone is beautiful..
can i ask where you got it, wich variant and what you paid for?

can i ask where you got it, wich variant and what you paid for?
I got the 8/256GB light blue variant of the Xiaomi 13, which is the nano-skin version. Purchased it from Giztop, paid 749 USD for it....The glass version are cheaper but I preferred this one... :)

Reactions: marcel112
I got the 8/256GB light blue variant of the Xiaomi 13, which is the nano-skin version. Purchased it from Giztop, paid 749 USD for it....The glass version are cheaper but I preferred this one... :)
i was thinking off 12/256 gb in white, but thats as expensive as blue. but thanks for pointing giztop, is 50 euro less expensive as trading szenzhen

Do you got the miui 14 update allready, and what was your previous phone. Also what country are you from. How long did it take from ordering till receive

Do you got the miui 14 update allready, and what was your previous phone. Also what country are you from. How long did it take from ordering till receive
I pre-ordered, and after the release date it took about a week to get it. I am in Thailand. Your mileage my vary. You can always ask them about delivery times. It came with MIUI 14 pre-loaded, and had one update already. Currently it is running 14.0.9.0.TMCCNXM.

I think I might be going around the ringtone bug by uploading custom ringtones to the phone and setting up all the messenger apps individually with these ringtones and notification tones...I still have my Iphone as well.

The only problem is after a reboot, the set ringtones for apps revert back to the default ones, which are not accessible by the apps...Sigh...

Last edited:
Careful,
Changes to the operating mode on xiaomi (MIUI) from "default Chinese mode" through blocking - modification procedures (launcher, ring tone, etc.), lead to a restart, to blocking the phone in the "MI" logo. It can only be unlocked in RECOVERY mode - full reset, which brings the phone to the initial Chinese state.

i receive mine to giztop last week and my version is TMBCNXM. i receive 14.010.0 today fix optimisation party apps and fix notification always on display. very happy with this phone. wait xiaomi.eu rom for repair android auto :(

I just received 14.0.11.0. will try it and report...I will update to xiaomi.eu rom when it comes out for sure...

i receive mine to giztop last week and my version is TMBCNXM. i receive 14.010.0 today fix optimisation party apps and fix notification always on display. very happy with this phone. wait xiaomi.eu rom for repair android auto :(
14.0.10.0 didn't fix neither notifications for me nor AOD notifications. I only get messenger on AOD. I have the Pro

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 13 Pro using Tapatalk

hi,
14.0.10.0 didn't fix neither notifications for me nor AOD notifications. I only get messenger on AOD. I have the Pro

for me i have gmail whatsapp notification on AOD. do you smartwatch ? if yes desactivate notication on it just for see if correct the bug

hi,

for me i have gmail whatsapp notification on AOD. do you smartwatch ? if yes desactivate notication on it just for see if correct the bug
Nice catch...stopped SW notifications and I get Gmail as well now. Interesting

Nice catch...stopped SW notifications and I get Gmail as well now. Interesting

Well... Its good you guys try things out... Mo e will be shipped Friday i think, so when i get it you have alot things allready solved for me

its very to fix, all you gotta to is go to notifcation settings for the app and enable allow playing sound and allow vibration. i get all my app notification sounds on my 13 pro (whatsapp, signal, discord, gmail, instagram)

I do have whatsapp sound but not vibrate... I got 14.0.9 update but dont get 14.0.11 even when it's out

Sent from my 2211133C using Tapatalk

I got sound working on whatsapp but vibrate is big missing... Anybody an tip ?
Also... I can't get microphone working on whatsapp. I get message activate microphone but there is not a setting permissions for whatsapp

Last edited:
I got sound working on whatsapp but vibrate is big missing... Anybody an tip ?
Also... I can't get microphone working on whatsapp. I get message activate microphone but there is not a setting permissions for whatsapp
go to notification and then scroll down to chats, select each of the option and turn on vibration and for mic just go to permission allow "record audio". you gotta do this for all the apps u want vibration. and make sure to turn off battery restriction if u want call pop up on lockscreen and turn on autostart, also if u want pop up message then go to permission turn on display pop up and show on lockscreen.

I bought my 13 pro from my China trip... So what I did is basically enable auto-start for the apps I use (gmail, twitter) and allow as many notification permissions for the apps. They are pretty agile imo