New Xiaomi 5x - Only Charging On Fresh Reboot

spacetrig

Members
Jan 9, 2018
Heyas

I'm having what I assume is a software related issue, but it could be hardware/cpu related.

After having my phone running for a day or so, it no longer charges.

It notices that the usb c cable is plugged in because the screen turns on, and also data transfer to my PC works fine, but it does not charge.

If I turn my phone off and back on, then on fresh reboot it charges just fine. Quickcharge is working on fresh reboot.

Also an interesting note, if I try to power off my phone or reboot it via software (that is, press power button and choose Reboot or Power Off) the phone will hang on powering off (goes to the logo and it spins indefinitely not able to shut down).

I have to hold power button down for 5 sec to forcefully hard power it off. This might be related to my issue.

Started happening a few weeks ago. Have upgraded to latest version but no luck.

Running version 8.1.4 beta on Xiaomi Mi 5X phone.

Anyone experienced this before?

Hi,
I have the same issue, and don't know what to do. I've fresh installed the latest Rom, Miui 9.3 8.2.1 beta, on my Mi 5x, and the problem still persists.
To charge it I have to shutdown it down with the power button. After restarting, it charges again.

Did you find a solution, or still have the same problem?

I read on miui forum someone has solved by disable miui optimization I've tried it works fine. And I don't know but if you use default lockscreen and check more details while charging you'll se a different % that the battery icon shows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-10-03-19-15-339_lockscreen.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-10-03-19-15-339_lockscreen.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 798