Xiaomi 80w Wireless Charger with Mi 11 Ultra

tamiya7676

Members
Aug 18, 2018
Hi All,

I have a Xiaomi 80w Wireless Charger to charge my Mi 11 Ultra. Normally I will leave my phone on the charger overnight. Is it normal, every morning the phone and the charger are warm? Does Wireless charging stop after the battery is fully charged? I tried to Google but can't find any answers.

Thanks

From what I can tell you if you want your battery to survive longer you shouldn't be leaving your phone charging overnight even on normal charger

Here is a useful article

"When the battery hits 100%, charging stops, but your phone is still running. At least the chip or sensor continues to work to monitor the battery, and apps continue to run in the background. So, after a short while, the battery will lose some power, and will draw in current from the wireless charging station until it’s full charged again. This is the so-called “trickle charge” which may happen a couple of times to your phone while it charges overnight."

Reactions: tamiya7676
From what I can tell you if you want your battery to survive longer you shouldn't be leaving your phone charging overnight even on normal charger
Here is a useful article

"When the battery hits 100%, charging stops, but your phone is still running. At least the chip or sensor continues to work to monitor the battery, and apps continue to run in the background. So, after a short while, the battery will lose some power, and will draw in current from the wireless charging station until it’s full charged again. This is the so-called “trickle charge” which may happen a couple of times to your phone while it charges overnight."

Thanks for your info @SpookieGames

Reactions: Spookie