Xiaomi Bluetooth Gamepad In Windows 10 (plus Strange Android-bug)

Xpawn

Members
Sep 19, 2015
I have some problems with my new gamepad, that i find a bit strange

1: The left trigger is registering in windows as a button, not an axis(analog). The right button is correctly identified as both a button and an axis

2: The rumble-feature is not available under DirectInput

3: The 3-axis sensor is not available

4: It is reporting about 30 buttons in windows, but only buttons 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13 are in use. Button 3 is mapped out, not existing

5: on Android 5.1.1 (Nexus Player) the right button is very "slow" in Oddowrld: Strangers wrath. I press the right button to fire, but it takes 2-3 seconds before it it actually fires in the game(due to the analog switch?)

Via a 3-party driver, i have the working as intended(more or less) as an XIpnut-device, with both left and right button registering as analog. Rumble is sorely missing also here. Due to limitations in XInput the 3-axis sensor is not available in this mode(via driver)

The HID-profile it is sending to windows is lacking, or windows is not supporting all the functions of this pad. But this does not explain my problem in android.

Is there any plans for releasing a DirectInput-driver for windows? This would fix both mine and other peoples problems with this device, with the exception of rumble. Even better would be a DirectInput + XInput-driver, so we could at least get rumble in newer games that support XInput, and 3-axis + full analog triggers in DirectInput-games

--

It turns out DirectInput also supports Rumble, and more advanced than XInput, and should be preferable to use. It is always possible to use an XInput-wrapper for compatibility with games using XInput (ie the Xbox 360-controller)

Last edited: