Xiaomi.EU for the Redmi 9 (lancelot) ?

viachy

Members
Dec 7, 2016
Hello guys,

Can I hope for a EU rom development for the Redmi 9 (lancelot) which is with the MTK Helio G80 chip?

I ordered it without realizing the importance of this and currently am puzzled if I should start using this device at all....All I need is at least EU rom with Root, and working *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* (which is already available as I read)

Thanks in advance

Probably because of the Mediatek chip... as far as I understood (after I bought the phone) very few people bother to do development on MTK chips.... I already sold my Redmi 9 and just ordered the Poco X3...

Probably because of the Mediatek chip... as far as I understood (after I bought the phone) very few people bother to do development on MTK chips.... I already sold my Redmi 9 and just ordered the Poco X3...
Good decision!
No regret for sure.

Could you tell me why?
This is the answer:

Update regarding HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] support:
- We dropped support for HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] due to a lot of bricks caused by installing TWRP or Magisk or any other mods.. MTK does not allow to boot to Fastboot if something "goes wrong" and users are forced to flash images via SPFlash Tool EDL mode which is locked by Xiaomi for few authorized accounts only.. so for safety of users, we will not release any ROMs for this device..
PS: We do not recommend buying MTK devices if you want to use our ROMs..