Xiaomi.eu HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] [DISCONTINUED]

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
We have dropped support for HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] due to a lot of bricks caused by installing TWRP or Magisk or any other mods.. MTK does not allow to boot to Fastboot if something "goes wrong" and users are forced to flash images via SPFlash Tool EDL mode which is locked by Xiaomi for few authorized accounts only.. so for safety of users, we will not release any ROMs for this device..
PS: We do not recommend buying MTK devices if you want to use our ROMs..

Fully understandably, MTK devices seems picky.
Anyway, a "fix" for the "no fast-boot" bricked devices: Disconnect battery and reboot with volume down and power pressed after reconnect battery.
Tested and did fix my bricked note 8 pro.

Fully understandably, MTK devices seems picky.
Anyway, a "fix" for the "no fast-boot" bricked devices: Disconnect battery and reboot with volume down and power pressed after reconnect battery.
Tested and did fix my bricked note 8 pro.

Doesn´t work for me.

We have dropped support for HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] due to a lot of bricks caused by installing TWRP or Magisk or any other mods.. MTK does not allow to boot to Fastboot if something "goes wrong" and users are forced to flash images via SPFlash Tool EDL mode which is locked by Xiaomi for few authorized accounts only.. so for safety of users, we will not release any ROMs for this device..

Hi,

Disappointed, I was for over a year on xiaomi.eu rom with the pocophone ...

I hope you change your mind, you should put pressure on Xiaomi, I find this phone very competitive for its characteristics and low price, I bought it again despite these problems (which will surely be arrange), I hope I will have the opportunity to install one of your Rom in the coming days!
See you soon !

thanks for those ppl can't follow instruction and whining all day ruined rest of us.

Dev please reconsider since this is a really popular device and heaps of users are waiting for EU rom.
Just ignore those dumb fks because there always be users are incompetent of flashing a phone even you hand them full detailed manual.

thanks for those ppl can't follow instruction and whining all day ruined rest of us.

Dev please reconsider since this is a really popular device and heaps of users are waiting for EU rom.
Just ignore those dumb fks because there always be users are incompetent of flashing a phone even you hand them full detailed manual.
Indeed, even if there is a problem with the release of a new smartphone, with rooted versions of TWRP on xda and magisk not yet developed, the fault is not yours, I agree until now ...
be kind as you are for your work and for which we thank you!
please reconsider...

Reactions: Sерёжа
Hey @ingbrzy

First of all, it seems that people who tried to install the Android 10 beta are the ones who got bricked.

You also discourage people from selecting Mediatek, but it is not Mediatek who has blocked flashing on DA mode. It is Xiaomi and someone needs a "Xiaomi authorised account" in order to flash the fastboot rom in DA mode, not an "MTK authorised account".

The rom that was posted for Redmi Note 8 pro worked flawlessly in my "MTK device" and it was a great experience. Personally, I would love to see it continued.

It is not your fault if the users do weird things and brick their devices. It is >their< fault, because they are not supposed to even unlock the bootloader from the very beginning.

Please bring your awesome rom back to this device, place a nice disclaimer/warning that "messing with the software may brick the device" and let us take responsibility for our devices. It is that simple. Thanks for your work anyway!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: wafenn

Its only problem with Android 10 as twrp is not yet supported. Please reconsider support for Android 9 meanwhile. This is a popular device, mtk is not the problem.

Reactions: polfrank
Hi guys, 4pda users have managed to install your latest Android 10 firmware for begonia using new twrp from LR team . The only thing is that the specific sequence of steps should be followed . Please reconsider Begonia support

The steps to install:
1. Do all the wipes including Format Data ( Yes confirmation), except MicroSD,USB and reboot to TWRP
2) flash Xiaomi.eu via TWRP and boot to system
3) flash LRTeam TWRP in Fastboot mode for getting Android 10 support

The link to the original 4pda post http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=965629&view=findpost&p=91862316

Reactions: donkyshot
Hi guys, 4pda users have managed to install your latest Android 10 firmware for begonia using new twrp from LR team . The only thing is that the specific sequence of steps should be followed . Please reconsider Begonia support

The steps to install:
1. Do all the wipes including Format Data ( Yes confirmation), except MicroSD,USB and reboot to TWRP
2) flash Xiaomi.eu via TWRP and boot to system
3) flash LRTeam TWRP in Fastboot mode for getting Android 10 support
You where on a cave dude?
That method is old as the sun

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

You where on a cave dude?
That method is old as the sun

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
I understand, but it would be great to get Begonia re-supported with indicating the specific steps to not get devices bricked

Reactions: klurosu
There is a working TWRP for Android10.

Do you plan to resume support for begonia ?
You have made a statement, then not backed it up with any evidence!

Where are the links?
Where is the method?
Which phone variants?
Which ROMs?
Does restore work?

Reactions: Mahmoud Azam