Xiaomi.eu HMnote8Pro MTK [begonia] [DISCONTINUED]

Xiaomi please help your buyers by giving them a way to restore their bricked RN8Pro devices. we love playing with technology we payed for and this brings more money,fame and buyers for you.It's a win-win so don't dissapoint us!!

• Haha
Reactions: VDA78 and LOLO9393
Xiaomi please help your buyers by giving them a way to restore their bricked RN8Pro devices. we love playing with technology we payed for and this brings more money,fame and buyers for you.It's a win-win so don't dissapoint us!!
Send your claims to XIAOMI China not here.
Ask them for a Christmas gift in your shoes! Considering what you spend for this phone.
just kidding!

Send your claims to XIAOMI China not here.
Ask them for a Christmas gift in your shoes! Considering what you spend for this phone.
just kidding!

Be sure that our payment covers all the expences xiaomi has made for this phone. don't doubt they've made their profit on it. being a value for money , means it profits both, not just one side. :)

You have made a statement, then not backed it up with any evidence!

Where are the links?
Where is the method?
Which phone variants?
Which ROMs?
Does restore work?

TWRP LR Team 3.3.1-1210 supports Android10, there is a custom rom based on android10. TWRP is personally tested - works like a charm.

Unbricking a bricked 8 Pro is your problem, not xiaomi.eu.

" TWRP LR Team 3.3.1-1210 ", a link to download ?, I can't download from Russia site.

Unlike the unhelpful guy who does not post any links to back up his claims, I do... https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261670490

The recovery file date is 10th December 2019.

Note that this is a China TWRP and may only work with the China ROM. I have no idea whether, or not, it will also work with the Global and India ROMs. My definition of "working" includes the ability to fully restore a ROM from its TWRP backup, otherwise, what is the point? As per usual, there are no instructions and no further information... unless, perhaps, you can read Chinese.

Last edited:
Unlike the unhelpful guy who does not post any links to back up his claims, I do... https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261670490

The recovery file date is 10th December 2019.

Note that this is a China TWRP and may only work with the China ROM. I have no idea whether, or not, it will also work with the Global and India ROMs. My definition of "working" includes the ability to fully restore a ROM from its TWRP backup, otherwise, what is the point? As per usual, there are no instructions and no further information... unless, perhaps, you can read Chinese.
It works on my xiaomi.eu's rom (11.0.2)

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Good to know, but that is not Android 10.
Well I suppose some users may find interesting that they will be able to make backups and restore in android 9 too.
Don't you think so?

Reactions: Yemble
Unhelpful guy here ....

You have to understand a few things - you have android 9 - you use twrp for Pie ! Doesn't matter if you're flashing Pie or Q !!!
If you flash Pie with twrp for Q - brick.
Whatever, the TWRP mentioned above works with android10, tested with:
Xiaomi.eu 9.11.21
MIUIPRO Android10
China dev 9.12.26 - currently using it

Reactions: Yemble and LOLO9393
Unhelpful guy here ....

You have to understand a few things - you have android 9 - you use twrp for Pie ! Doesn't matter if you're flashing Pie or Q !!!
If you flash Pie with twrp for Q - brick.
Whatever, the TWRP mentioned above works with android10, tested with:
Xiaomi.eu 9.11.21
MIUIPRO Android10
China dev 9.12.26 - currently using it
If you have pie you can flash 3.3.1 0924 or the 3.3.1 a few posts above (tested with 10.0.4 and 11.0.2)
If you have Oreo...well, who knows.

Well I suppose some users may find interesting that they will be able to make backups and restore in android 9 too.
Don't you think so?

Oh, I absolutely agree and you are the first poster to confirm a working restore with any TWRP for RN8P.

However, with no active support for this phone, I will probably stick with stock until after the official Android 10 Global OTA has landed. Then I may reconsider as root is less important to me than it once was. Plus the fact that I still have my RN7P to experiment with Android 10...

Last edited:
Reactions: klurosu
Don't you think so?

I just updated my rn8pro to PGGEUXM 11.0.3 version. Could you gently tell me if it is possible to root it? I have read here that the last version of LRTWRP, (the recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-1210-REDMI_NOTE8PRO-CN-wzsx150.img) is compatible with it but I am not sure... My phone is EU model (Italian). It is unlocked. Thank you very much for answer!

Reactions: harper
Oh, I absolutely agree and you are the first poster to confirm a working restore with any TWRP for RN8P.

However, with no active support for this phone, I will probably stick with stock until after the official Android 10 Global OTA has landed. Then I may reconsider as root is less important to me than it once was. Plus the fact that I still have my RN7P to experiment with Android 10...
So far so good

can anyone provide me the last working xiaomi.eu miui 11 rom link for redmi note 8 pro (Begonia)

Hey @ingbrzy

First of all, it seems that people who tried to install the Android 10 beta are the ones who got bricked.

You also discourage people from selecting Mediatek, but it is not Mediatek who has blocked flashing on DA mode. It is Xiaomi and someone needs a "Xiaomi authorised account" in order to flash the fastboot rom in DA mode, not an "MTK authorised account".

The rom that was posted for Redmi Note 8 pro worked flawlessly in my "MTK device" and it was a great experience. Personally, I would love to see it continued.

It is not your fault if the users do weird things and brick their devices. It is >their< fault, because they are not supposed to even unlock the bootloader from the very beginning.

Please bring your awesome rom back to this device, place a nice disclaimer/warning that "messing with the software may brick the device" and let us take responsibility for our devices. It is that simple. Thanks for your work anyway!

Hey buddy, can you please provide me the link for the last eu rom for redmi note 8 pro thanks in advance.

Don't buy MTK devices next time folks if you're into custom rom.
Easy to be a smart ass in hindsight, however, it is a fact that this phone was initially supported by Xiaomi.eu and was subsequently dropped sometime after it was widely available.

Easy to be a smart ass in hindsight, however, it is a fact that this phone was initially supported by Xiaomi.eu and was subsequently dropped sometime after it was widely available.
Nobody knew before buying it that it is so easily bricked - either by flashing twrp, magisk or even rom. Eu modders just don't want to take responsibility for bricked devices because of their rom and this is completely understandable. Just a bad luck.

Nobody knew before buying it that it is so easily bricked - either by flashing twrp, magisk or even rom. Eu modders just don't want to take responsibility for bricked devices because of their rom and this is completely understandable. Just a bad luck.
You mean because human error instead "because their rom" right?.
Before you make those stupid accusations you better know the whole history of the case.

You mean because human error instead "because their rom" right?.
Before you make those stupid accusations you better know the whole history of the case.

I couldn't understand a f*cking thing from your post. What "human error", what "accusations"? Nevermind, what I wanted to say I've said it.

Last edited:
I couldn't understand a f*ucking thing from your post. What "human error", what "accusations"? Nevermind, what I wanted to say I've said it.
We all saw what you post dude, we all saw.

We all saw what you post dude, we all saw.

I can't understand if I said something wrong. If you want to understand better please explain your previous post.