Xiaomi.eu Rom For Chinese Stable V8.1.1.0

XamXamillia

Members
Nov 13, 2016
I recently found out, that new chinese stable Rom V8.1.1.0 for Mi Pad 2 was uploaded on official MIUI page, as you can check under official MIUI forum and in related download section.

Now I would like to ask our excellent developers here, if they are planning to provide us with an Global-version of this MIUI 8 Rom.

I think, I can speak on behalf of all Mi Pad 2 users in this forum, that a Global-Version would be highly appreciated by us. :)

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for this also. I keep looking at androidfilehost directory of xiaomi.eu because usually it's a quite fast release after official ROM. I was about to finally flash a developer ROM until I see the stable release thread in MIUI forum. Now I'll be more patient instead to wait for EU one.

Does it include the Play Store or it needs to be installed "manually", like in the older version?

Regards!

I haven't installed it now, but I think you need to install them afterwards via TWRP as in the older versions, as well as Google Webview App.
Anyway, I can give you a final statement after installation.

Regards.

This rom works straight off. All the previous problems with play store have been alleviated. Just flash it and enjoy.
Great work thanks!

This rom works straight off. All the previous problems with play store have been alleviated. Just flash it and enjoy.
Great work thanks!
Meaning it has gapps out of the box? I flashed opengapps along, though.

No it doesn't have gapps on its own.

Does anybody managed to root this rom? I tried to flash supersu v2.46 and although twrp flashes it, when the tablet boot the supersu is nowhere to be found and it isn't rooted.

Does anybody managed to root this rom? I tried to flash supersu v2.46 and although twrp flashes it, when the tablet boot the supersu is nowhere to be found and it isn't rooted.

Probably I will made this stable release as fastboot flashable mod here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/

I'm planned to do this today/tomorrow evening, but I can't promise. Would be nice to have something like voting here, in this thread, to let me know if this really needed.

OK, then what I did was already correct.
I get it, no tricks whatsoever, just simple flash:
SuperSU.jpg

Meaning it has gapps out of the box? I flashed opengapps along, though.
Yes, I flashed just the rom with twrp the normal way. Google account setup comes up along with device setup on initial boot. Play stores works and updates, unlike the previous ROMs.

Planned to install it this afternoon. I will also post my feedback afterwards and if everything went good.

by the way, can anybody tell me how the performance of Mi Pad 2 has increased with MIUI8?
The shipped thermal config is at least better than previous 7.5.2.0. One of my games which was stuttered in default config of 7.5.2.0 now runs smoothly. AnTuTu score is lower but overall temp is also cooler than my own config.

Just installed the new Rom. Can confirm, that there is no need for installing Google Play Store and Amdroid System Webview separately. Both are already implemented in Rom and work perfect!

gapps are preinstalled or need to flash them as always?
supersu 2.46 its flashable?