Xiaomi Mdz-16-ab Nougat Beta Download Source Build 1560 (12-2017)

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by miboy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Any rational assesment would consider a half dozen outliers from a population of more than 225,000 to be statistically equivalent to noise at the margins.
    You qualify yourself as less than marginally significant.

2. alexinc

alexincMembers

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    Without getting personal, but this attitude seems exactly to lead the product to where it is now... After more than one year of being in beta stage without a sign of life for reliable final stage and it's precessor already released by Google. Consider most of the downloaders not knowing how to update with this beta zip as you didn't even mention how to do it in your post and quite a lot not posting in here, getting the link from other sources or already saw their problems being posted many times.

jasswolf likes this.
  3. moreje

morejeMembers

Nov 21, 2010
    Are you really consider that bugs (background frame buffer from YouTube etc..) described in this thread are outliers?
    If yes.. So why this release is not upgraded to stable, with its 0.0002% errors.. That is pretty good :)?

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

4. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Hello everyone.

My international Mibox 3 does not allow me to use the volume keys in recovery mode, so I can not upgrade to a newer version.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to upgrade the rom without using the remote, which no longer works in recovery mode? I have no idea what to do and may be limited to the beta already installed.

Thank you.

5. jasswolf

jasswolfMembers

Dec 21, 2017
    Make a text file with following in it:

Code:
    --update_package=/udisk/update.zip
    Naming 'update.zip' whatever the firmware zip file is (plus a custom subdirectory if you like), then name the text file 'xiaomi_update' (no quotes, no file extension) and put it in the root directory of the USB drive.

You can try adding '--wipe_cache' to the same line but from memory the mi box doesn't accept this, so just wipe your cache in the recovery menu after the process is complete (the menu functions in every available build except 927 for Nougat).

6. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Hi, thanks for the help!!! I Will try.

7. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    It worked, thank you!!!

jasswolf likes this.
  8. George Nistor

Saturday
    Male
    I have updated to Nougat 1560 from 6.0.1 on my MDZ-16-AB english International version
    I have serious problems:
    The big problem I have is with Youtube and Vocal command.
    The box does not recohnize any voice input I give either from Main Screen or Youtube search (I did Allow Youtube capture).
    I cannot switch back to keyboard input in Google Sore or Youtube. Pressing back or home does not do anything. It just keeps lock inside this SEARCH menu avaiting vocal input.
    In general it is laggy to accept inputs from the remote commander.

I have tried to reinstall 6.0.1 1304 but it gaves me error when updating, I was unable to reinstall it.

I realy wait the new build to see how it works.

9. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Same here. I tried with the 1560, but youtube has crashes. I tried with the 1304 and 1035 the same. Now I'm going to try 1028.

10. George Nistor

Saturday
    Male
    please tell me if 1028 is in any way better

11. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Ok, I'll install it in a few minutes and let you know the result.

12. agovea

agoveaMembers

Dec 27, 2017
    Male
    Hello,

do you know if we will have an update for January?

Thank you.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

13. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    #163Rogerio Lucas,Jan 13, 2018 at 3:13 AM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 6:45 AM
    In my case I use Netflix with a hdcp 1.4 TV, full hd and everything is perfect in 924, so I can not comment on the problems I see people talking about here. In my case everything is perfect with 1028.

In this link you can see all the version that I know exists at the moment:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9k82rbe2nc0vw/mdz-16-ab

EDIT: Youtube new version only work perfect on build 924.

14. George Nistor

Saturday
    Male
    thanks
    I will try also 1028 in the morning to see how it works with youtube.

15. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Too bad this forum doesn't support 'stickies'. This old tidbit of info qualifies.

BTW, the -wipe -cache parameters only take effect if the update.zip file uses original name and is in root directory.

In addition, some windows users will not be able to see an extension that windows adds to the xiaomi_update file, causing it to be ignored.

16. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    The issue you describe is statistically insignificant. I have conveyed to the Xiaomi folks that build 1560 should be pushed out as final. They don't take orders from me:).

Sent from my Commodore C64 using Tapatalk

17. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Bad news, Youtube is also unstable in version 1028.
    I did the following: on Google Play, I went to my apps and then in Youtube remove the updates, now it's working normal.

Now I will try again with the 1560 version with this old version of Youtube. I warn you if it works.

Please tell me your experience.

18. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Push for the final? Really?

The new version of YouTube has a drastic drop in frames, completely crashes in these released nougat betas (1028, 1035, 1304, 1560). The new Youtube version works perfectly on 924.

19. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    #169miboy,Jan 13, 2018 at 5:32 AM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    More noise!!!

Any user who doesn't know how to flash a firmware update for this box should save themselves the effort, since they probably lack the skills and patience needed to deal with admittedly experimental beta firmware.

BTW, do you have a meaningful bug and/or solution to share?

20. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Try some earlier beta builds. Make sure to do factory reset prior to flashing.

21. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    I do not know how to upgrade? ;)

You are not logical and pragmatic here. I was unaware that build 924 did not allow remote control. Well, I do not presume to know everything myself :)

I'm just sharing my experience with the beta versions, but sorry if that does not make you happy, I still do not understand why.

Well, I've been programming in Assembly for 30 years;
    In C / C ++ for 20 years;
    I am a hardware engineer and I develop several internet of things hardware and renewable energy;
    Design and manufacture circuits with Microcontroller Atmel, Pic and ARM and projects with ARM processor with linux openwrt.
    I am an IT engineer and have worked for many years in several telecom companies.

And you, what is your experience?

22. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    Try remove Youtube updates and test with 1560 :)

23. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    I hire guys like you implement my ideas and to write the software to control them.

Nothing in your background prepares you to deal with the idiosyncracies inherent in products made by a very peculiar company named Xiaomi.
    I have played with their weird stbs since they were first introduced in 2012. In the interim I have established some valuable relationships with their sales and engineering administrators.

For the record, it appears the great bulk of Youtube issues originate with users outside the US. The US is by far the largest market for this device. The thoughts that I have shared that they should go final with the last beta take this into account.

BTW, thanks for your entertaining display of latin machismo....

24. Rogerio Lucas

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Brazil
    I can not see the location of users with the problem reported by so many users.

Rom nougat beta 924 + last Youtube version = Work great!
    Rom nougat beta > 924 <= 1560 + last Youtube version = No Work!
    Rom nougat beta > 924 <= 1560 + old Youtube version = Work great!

25. George Nistor

Saturday
    Male

does the vocal input work ok on 924?
    because on mine on 1560 does not.

Share Our Site