Xiaomi Mdz-16-ab Oreo Update Build 2116 Received

miboy

Members
Jul 29, 2015
This 3rd Oreo build (since April 28) has been made available to limited MiBox owners in the test program.

It has all the hallmarks of a final version and there is no cautionary reference to beta in the description of any of these Oreo releases.

Release notes only mention spelling and grammar adjustments.

Includes same security updates as of April 2018

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
****** ATTENTION ******

As far as right now, any one else speaking rude in ANY way shape or form will be BANNED PERMANENTLY for abusing our forum. That goes for anyone who wants to test my threat :)

Be respectful of each other, back up your news sources or simple DONT post it without some credible source to cover the news! Heresay is not worth posting on... Also being rude in replies is not helping anyone is it?

You all need to chill out or face a life time ban from this service / forum.

Thanks,

Mark

miboy

Members
Jul 29, 2015
Aug 13, 2017
sigh here we go again, no shade thrown at miboy as hes doing a sterling job keeping us in the loop but what now starts is a cycle of excitement, shouting, recrimination, anger and silence

I hope im wrong but well , sigh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

May 2, 2018
From my point of view the most important thing is whether the oreo update could be installed over nougat beta.
@miboy could you please comment on this? I've been worrying about this ever since i found out that i can't go back to marshmallow. (the blame is on me for not doing my research)

Dec 24, 2017
Conditions for receiving Oreo OTA update:
You must have original MAC address on your device
You must be running either:
MM build 1901
OR
Nougat beta build 1560
Your device must have internet connection to respond to Mac addess scan

Mass public deployment for Oreo final is imminent
I updated from 1028 to 1560 only to get the Oreo update but I still can only see this old YouTube MM update. Any solution?

Jun 5, 2018
Conditions for receiving Oreo OTA update:
You must have original MAC address on your device
You must be running either:
MM build 1901
OR
Nougat beta build 1560
Your device must have internet connection to respond to Mac addess scan

Mass public deployment for Oreo final is imminent
De onde você tirou essa informação? o_O

Jun 3, 2018
Dont worry, you can see it on your own machine soon enough
Soon enough? Soon when?

I got tired of Xiaomi... the fact that Oreo exists not offer guarantees, even Nougat exists.

I, and probably others, I would like something certain... just to start a time estimate it would be enough, assuming it comes out, between how much does the update come out? days? weeks? months?

Sorry, but the mismanagement by Xiaomi of the Mi Box software is really very frustrating!