Xiaomi Mdz-16-ab Oreo Update Build 2116 Received

Feb 19, 2018
How "imminent" is imminent?

My stock MiBox with MM 6.0.1 shows as last having checked for an OTA update on June 10, and nothing received.

Still on Android Security Patch Level from July 1, 2017.

Jun 5, 2018
How "imminent" is imminent?

My stock MiBox with MM 6.0.1 shows as last having checked for an OTA update on June 10, and nothing received.

Still on Android Security Patch Level from July 1, 2017.
We're all in the same boat. Wait for the Oreo.

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 3 usando o Tapatalk

Jun 13, 2018
Auto refresh rate is corrected by kernel microcode changes for Oreo, implemented by Amlogic.

Xiaomi does not deserve any credit for Amlogic finally updating their S905X-H Oreo core. By the same token, Xiaomi was not at fault for earlier problems since the Amlogic MM core was the fault and totally beyond Xiaomi's control.

There are some simple mods to MM code that will fix the issue but these mods resulted in the device being flagged by Google's verification process and would not pass Google's authentication. That would have meant Xiaomi could not carry the distinctive AndroidTV logo and all the benefits that brings. It would certainly have impacted Walmart's decision to carry the product. They would have not given Xiaomi a second look without the strong Google endorsement.
sorry i don't understand, oreo firmware have amlogic HDMI Self-Adaptation (level 1 and level 2 ) or not?

Jun 14, 2018
Can anybody confirm whether or not Oreo will fix the lack of digital audio (DD/DTS/5.1) on the S/PDIF port? That was allegedly addressed in Nougat, but I've been unable to find confirmation anywhere.

Jul 29, 2015
Hi
My MI box have Nougat 7.0 with Build 1560 and I got update size 424.5 MB !!!
Unfortunately when i download and install it I got ERROR :(
Any solve for this ?
Since you are not in the beta class, you are still assumed to be a MM user by Xiaomi back end.
The OTA update will take MM users to latest MM build 1901.
As you partook of a beta Nougat update, your system fails when attempting to downgrade to a MM build.

Ignore it. You will get Oreo when the time comes.

Jan 5, 2018
Alright. I have 425 MB pending download for a long time now and I wasn't able to download it nor updating my apps until I finally did a factory reset. Now I am able to download the update and when the device rebooted and start the update process it gave error on the screen and hang there. There no way to do anything but a hard reset (unplug the power cable). I downloaded the update many times without any luck. It gave a message that verification failed after the restart.

My Mibox is on Nougat Beta 1560

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed the post above mine. Thanks for the clarifications. :)

Feb 16, 2011
Alright. I have 425 MB pending download for a long time now and I wasn't able to download it nor updating my apps until I finally did a factory reset. Now I am able to download the update and when the device rebooted and start the update process it gave error on the screen and hang there. There no way to do anything but a hard reset (unplug the power cable). I downloaded the update many times without any luck. It gave a message that verification failed after the restart.

My Mibox is on Nougat Beta 1560

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed the post above mine. Thanks for the clarifications. :)

It's a Android 6 update. You're already on Android 7, so you can't install it. Wait for Oreo / Android 8.