Xiaomi Mi 10 5G bricked after reboot (successfully flashed before)

kotique

Members
Aug 24, 2020
Hi. I just received Mi 10 and tried to flash it with xiaomi.eu rom (native one - Global which doesn't support 2 SIM). It was pretty hard as it often declined to boot to the system. Finally I able to flash it successfully and ROM detects both SIM cards. But another problem appears: randomly after reboot phone lose `system` and `data` partitions and stops booting while nothing was touched.

In TWRP (using Chinese TWRP 3.4.1b-0313 by wzsx150) it shows that `data` partition is empty (what cannot be as it contains a lot of apps data) and unable to mount `system_root`. When I ask to reboot to system is says "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot" that is also strange - OS definitely as installed. One more time - no operations on system partitions were done before device bricked, it just randomly stops booting. While after last installation I rebooted it about 10 times to ensure it works. And after night - it goes to fastboot screen again. While without reboot it works for a long time (before boot uptime was about 6 days).

Device were unlocked after 7-days timeout successfully.

Actions I am doing to flash device (using Linux):
  • `fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.1B-0313-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img` - TWRP flashed ok (I also tried other version)
  • Boot to TWRP
  • Format (not wipe) data: re-create FS (i.e. create ext4 FS) and format.
  • Copy `xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.6.18_v12-10.zip` to device (or use external OTG storage)
  • Flash it successfully
  • Copy Magisk 20.4 to device
  • Reboot to TWRP and flash Magisk
  • Wipe cache
  • Reboot to OS
  • Pass first-time setup, install apps
  • Reboot couple of time to ensure everything works
Any idea what happens? I ab actually ran out of idea - it is not first phone I am reflashing and not the first Xiaomi device (before used Mi 6 reflashed with LineageOS for about 3 years) and it is first time I see device has probably corrupted data/system partition.

One note: after booting to flashed device I setup fingerprint and pattern for unlock. After reboot when phone cannot boot into OS TWRP doesn't ask for pattern (while in normal situation is should, latest TWRP how to unlock with pattern). It makes me think that at the boot moment partitions already corruppted.

Thank you for reply. But ROM I am flashing (12.1 20.6.18 beta) luckily is Android 10 (I aware about compatibility issue with Magisk). Do you suppose it could suffer from Magisk incompatibility?
No, i think, it is twrp

Hi. I just received Mi 10 and tried to flash it with xiaomi.eu rom (native one - Global which doesn't support 2 SIM). It was pretty hard as it often declined to boot to the system. Finally I able to flash it successfully and ROM detects both SIM cards. But another problem appears: randomly after reboot phone lose `system` and `data` partitions and stops booting while nothing was touched.

In TWRP (using Chinese TWRP 3.4.1b-0313 by wzsx150) it shows that `data` partition is empty (what cannot be as it contains a lot of apps data) and unable to mount `system_root`. When I ask to reboot to system is says "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot" that is also strange - OS definitely as installed. One more time - no operations on system partitions were done before device bricked, it just randomly stops booting. While after last installation I rebooted it about 10 times to ensure it works. And after night - it goes to fastboot screen again. While without reboot it works for a long time (before boot uptime was about 6 days).

Device were unlocked after 7-days timeout successfully.

Actions I am doing to flash device (using Linux):
  • `fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.1B-0313-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img` - TWRP flashed ok (I also tried other version)
  • Boot to TWRP
  • Format (not wipe) data: re-create FS (i.e. create ext4 FS) and format.
  • Copy `xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.6.18_v12-10.zip` to device (or use external OTG storage)
  • Flash it successfully
  • Copy Magisk 20.4 to device
  • Reboot to TWRP and flash Magisk
  • Wipe cache
  • Reboot to OS
  • Pass first-time setup, install apps
  • Reboot couple of time to ensure everything works
Any idea what happens? I ab actually ran out of idea - it is not first phone I am reflashing and not the first Xiaomi device (before used Mi 6 reflashed with LineageOS for about 3 years) and it is first time I see device has probably corrupted data/system partition.

One note: after booting to flashed device I setup fingerprint and pattern for unlock. After reboot when phone cannot boot into OS TWRP doesn't ask for pattern (while in normal situation is should, latest TWRP how to unlock with pattern). It makes me think that at the boot moment partitions already corruppted.
Hi, have you tried the latest version of TWRP from wzsx150 (LR.Team)?
Do you still have a random reboots and bootloops?
Did you still flash magisk?

I have the same problem. Successfully installed 12.2.2.
After flashing magisk bootloop in fastboot.
Any solution yet?

Suppose it is passed enough time to have some final decision. @Mali2's assumption was correct - it looks like issue was caused by TWRP. I flashed another one (see links above) and from that moment I haven't any issue with rebooting to fastboot.

Reactions: Mali2