Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra - Xiaomi.EU Rom support?

Yamu88

Members
Nov 22, 2016
Hello

I would like buy a Mi 10 Ultra in china, because Xiaomi confirms this device will be not available globaly.
Can someone confirm if there will be a Xiaomi.EU Rom support with multilanguage for this device?
I am sorry, maybe i am to early with this question :)

Thanks for a feedback and have a good time.
Kind regards.

What is the average time it takes to develop a ROM? Or what would you estimate?

I'm new to the Xiaomi ROM community and really thinking about buying this.

Thanks in advance!

What is the average time it takes to develop a ROM? Or what would you estimate?

I'm new to the Xiaomi ROM community and really thinking about buying this.

Thanks in advance!
We don't expect any delays... We're waiting for a Beta ROM to be released.

Yes, can't see why not.
Not the same case for Redmi K30 Ultra, though, as it's a MediaTek device.
Hey Igor-

Quick question. Totally new to this EU Rom scene. When and if this ROM becomes available, will it change radio frequencies when flashed so it works properly with the EU LTE bands? Or is the device already compatible with the EU LTE bands?

Thank you

Hey Igor-

Quick question. Totally new to this EU Rom scene. When and if this ROM becomes available, will it change radio frequencies when flashed so it works properly with the EU LTE bands? Or is the device already compatible with the EU LTE bands?

Thank you
Not sure they can answer right now to these floody question.
They are surely waiting to get a phone available for deeper investigation.
Pause questioning and stay tuned.

Reactions: katerpanne
Hey Igor-

Thank you
It's not ROM "problem", it's hardware problem.
As you can see, the Mi 10 Ultra don't have most global 4G e 5G bands

Reactions: LOLO9393
Where do you order MI 10 ULTRA from??
Wanda Mobile (no import charges), i have used them in the past and mine is on its way to me now from them.
Not worried about 5g bands as i will have got another by the time i get any 5g near me but i will have to see on the 4g. Some bands are sometimes hidden but available if required. I would be surprised that they are not using a standard spectrum of bands built in but software restrict to China used bands. If they do ever release this globally, they wont want to produce different hardware rather than just enable the other required bands. It would make no sence

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393
View attachment 31564
Based on this image above, Mi 10 Ultra would work fine in the Netherlands for me. Vodafone uses Band 3,7.20 for 4G/LTE. As for 5G, they say it is available and my Oppo Find X2 Pro does show the 5G sign, I do not see major changes in speeds and not sure which bands it uses.

damn I wanted to order the ultra now, but it has no Band20 as I see now
(https://www.cect-shop.com/en/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra.html# (Show Supported Mobile Operators )

so its useless for me. I could cry...

edit: ok with the apps "Network Cell Info" and "LTE Discovery" I see, that my mobile network use mainly Band3 and Band1 for LTE..
so I think I will order

Last edited:
Just picked up my Mi 10 Ultra and I love the hardware.

Unfortunately, the software (being the Chinese ROM of Mi UI) is leaving a lot to be desired; bloat everywhere, GPAY not working and default apps that magically switch back to the Xiaomi ones.

The last time I flashed Mi UI to a device was my Samsung Note 3 back in 2014 lol. Thoroughly looking forward to a Xiaomi EU release.

Can I ask, are there any missing features from the regular ROMs? E.G lacking proper camera support or hardware features of the phone?

Reactions: MichaelxHell
I remember a couple years back when Ive got my Mi MIX the same issue was present - no LTE... Tha was not FW related that time so this might be same story today as well.

My broadband prvider uses mainly B3 but 20 and 28 as well.. I might be kinda ok with that... yet 3G is preatty strong these days so I wouldnt worry that much myself.. And 5G.. I wont get that any time sooon...

«snip»
The Mi 10 Ultra has an X55 modem, which is the same as in the Mi 10 5G. So the hardware should be able to support the bands any Mi 10 5G does, that is if Xiaomi hasn't crippled the hardware in any way. It's going to be interesting to see if the enabled bands can be altered in the ROM in any way, I'm trying to figure this out. Any help is welcome :)

We don't expect any delays... We're waiting for a Beta ROM to be released.
On XDA (here) someone posted a link to what is supposed to be the latest Beta ROM for the Mi 10 Ultra:
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.7.0.Q...2513f349af.tgz

Reactions: maverick2001
Got mine on Friday and the chinese ROM is .. very difficult. Really hope there'll be a european version soon

The Mi 10 Ultra has an X55 modem, which is the same as in the Mi 10 5G. So the hardware should be able to support the bands any Mi 10 5G does, that is if Xiaomi hasn't crippled the hardware in any way. It's going to be interesting to see if the enabled bands can be altered in the ROM in any way, I'm trying to figure this out. Any help is welcome :)

On XDA (here) someone posted a link to what is supposed to be the latest Beta ROM for the Mi 10 Ultra:
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.7.0.Q...2513f349af.tgz
It's a stable ROM, and we don't build from fastboot ROMs, only recovery ROMs.

So then this (V12.0.8.0.QJJCNXM rom) would be the correct one (found here), right?

EDIT: not a beta rom, so I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. The phone is awesome, and I'm really looking forward to that EU rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yamu88
Today i got my Mi 10 Ultra 16GB/512GB Version. Bootloader will be unlocked in 10 Days. I use my device here in Switzerland. It seems look like everything is working. Feel free to contact me if i can help to give some information or test something for an .EU Rom.