Xiaomi Mi 4 Lte-cu 2gb/16gb Demistification And Help Flashing!

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 4' started by neogeo, Jun 5, 2016.

1. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    My Experience:

Over Ali Express i have bought mentioned phone model and my first bad experience and dissapoint was no flashing possibility to a newer version of a MIUI.

Mentioned model have a protoboard with bad 3GB RAM so thay have cut 1GB of it and selling us as a chipper 2GB model equiped with a "reseller ROM" without of an upgrading possibillity (don´t know why is that).

So there is the way to flash any desired ROM (Official Global ROM or Cancro modded ROM or what You want).

All of the following procedures for use only on own responsibility properly introduced a risk of phone bricking!

1. Your phone need to be recognized by your pc, if it is not recognized please install Xiaomi USB drivers (usually included in Mi PC Suite download here).
    2. Download Android ADB and Fastboot from here and install it.
    3. Download cancro twrp from here
    4. Rename your *.img file in recovery.img and move it to ADB folder (usually on C: drive).
    5. Boot your phone into fastboot mode pressing and holding volume down + power key till show some cartoon picture with FASTBOOT letters
    6. Connect your Xiaomi phone to your PC with the USB cable and wait for recognition from a PC.
    7. Navigate to Your ADB folder on C: disk, point mouse pointer to a white folder space pres shift+right mouse button then click on Open Terminal Window here
    8. Type fastboot devices and press Enter just to be sure your device is correctly recognized.
    9. Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and press Enter to flash the recovery (Warning: this is permanent and will replace your Mi Recovery and you'll lose your warranty) or type fastboot boot recovery.img and press Enter if you want to use the recovery without flashing it.
    10. Type fastboot reboot and press Enter to reboot your device after the flash is complete.
    11. Now download desired ROM from Officiall Global site or from cancro MiUi v7.3 and rename it (after download) to update.zip, copy dowloaded and renamed ROM to a Root of phone storage.
    12. boot in Recovery Mode using Updater > tap 3 points icon top right corner > select reboot to recovery mode
    13. or boot in Recovery (use vol +/- button to scroll up and down and the power button to select)
    14. Select menu wipe > wipe any user data (wait until the process is complete)
    15. Back then select wipe again > wipe cache (wait until the process is complete)
    16. Back then select Install update.zip to the system (wait until the process is complete)
    17. Back then select wipe > wipe cache (wait until the process is complete)
    18. Back then select the option to reboot > reboot system > select system 1 > done
    19. Congratulations ROM upgrade process is completed ... wait until it enters the home screen (be a patient ... loading process is rather long)
    20. After that, if You want to legal update Your flashed Global ROM, must write back officiall MIUI recovery. Download it from here and replace in ADB folder, so here we are again from step 4. to 10.
    Thats all You need to play with desired ROM´s and phone will work like a charm.

All flashing must do with TWRP installed and after flashing replaced or leaved as You wih.

I am open for all the questions.

ENJOY!

PetarD, elck0 and Hitardo like this.
  2. egold70

egold70Members

May 13, 2016
    Male
    Or just flash fastboot official rom with Miflash to get rid of resellers custom rom

3. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    #3neogeo,Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    FastBoot flashing is a bit more complex oeration so here is tuttoriall:
    FASTBOOT flashing with MIFLASH is procedure called UnBricking/UnMerging partitions but you can flash your phone right that way:
    1. To be done UNBRICK or UNMERGING and reverting to KK or LP ROM will need to download a MIFLASH file from this link or any FASTBOOT prepared ROM for flashingfrom this link and wery important thing, must download repaired flash_all script form here, unzip it and copy/replace a content to a MiFlasher directory (because a original script no effect and you must use flash_all)
    Unzip it in a folderone folder called mi4lte (for example), from it MiFlashxxx.exe install flasher. All that you be asked during the installation, a warning is character (or not) in order to confirm the flasher installed and drivers needed ... Start flasher, after installation, as well as through Browse Admin Staff bring him the path to the folder where the unpacked flash ROM called "cancro_global_images_V7.1.2.0.KXDMICK_20160125. 0000.13_4.4_global "because there flasher pick him necessary information. To note that the preferred x64 WIN recent (Win7 or WIN10) for addressing long numbers. At the bottom click the Flash electoral circles all
    2. Bring in background Fast Boot mode by holding Power + VolDown until it reaches where it should. Then connect it to the computer (background) and click on the Refresh tab to recognize flasher fon (switch on Developer Mode / USB Debugging option to make all this work and the background to be recognized as debugging device). Fast Boot can be achieved by typing the following "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Xiaomi \ MiPhone \ Google \ Android \" (for Win x64) and from there run CMD as Admin. Then you type adb devices that you show your ADB debugging device (your phone) and then adb reboot fastboot, and we are here to FAST BOOT mode.
    3. When you flasher display background (some numbers and letters, and have previously done all this (1 and 2) click the Flash tab and check 3-4min flasher to do its part of the job. In the end will show a dialog that informs us the successful flashing, a fon will restart itself and raise system for 4-5min.
    4. That UNBRICK and UNMERGING PARTITIONS and after this can again be any flash (and even W10M)

4. dheygere.len

Jan 20, 2016
    Hello,

Thanks for the nice explanation. However I tried a lot of things but didn't manage to install it.
    I always get the error 7, 'could not install update.zip'

Maybe I'm putting the file in the wrong directory or something else. Do you have any suggestions?

Step 11 isn't that clear to me, after I rename it to update.zip, what should I do and where to copy to?

The phone is for my mom, but she bought the wrong one, with a very annoying rom and I need some Help.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi-4c met Tapatalk

5. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    Step 11, must copy update.zip to the main system storage where settled all another folders aka Android, DCIM, Download, MIUI... and other main folders (not in any other specific folder).
    Little bit clear now?

6. dheygere.len

Jan 20, 2016
    Yes, I thought so. That is exactly what I did, but didn't succeed. Any suggestions whats error 7 can be?

7. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    Do You turn on Developer options/USB Debugginig and did Your phone recognised through Fastboot Devices properly and do You check that on phone screen on popup window?

dheygere.len likes this.
  8. dheygere.len

Jan 20, 2016
    I did it like you said, but still having te same problem.
    I have the popup on windows to choose stable or beta, that means he is properly connected I thought

9. dheygere.len

Jan 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

10. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    I'll look it when come in home from work...
    P.S. What's Your phone exactly true label?

11. dheygere.len

Jan 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

12. Pertti Kosunen

Sep 2, 2014
    Male
  13. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    Oh my God!!!
    Mistake, mistake, mistake!!!

To flash MM ROM (6.0), as first and mandatory You must MERGE partitons on Mi 4 with this rom LINK
    Download ROM and flash it twice. First time flash and let the phone boot normaly. After that, flash it again and let the phone boot normaly.
    After two time rom flashing from link Your phone is ready to load MM ROM by cancro or anibody else!

Do not surprise, link rom flashing is shorter then expect (aprox. 50% Your phone gonna reboot and thats normaly)...

For flashing KK or LP rom partition merging is not neded at all!

14. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    After parttions merging You can flash CM ROMs or any else 6.xx ROM maded for Mi 4 ;)

15. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    HERE is completely link to read allabout flashing wroted for my home forum (merged xioami eu and Benchmark)

PetarD likes this.
  16. dheygere.len

Jan 20, 2016
    Will try it, the problem is I don't have a computer for the moment en mi4 is with my mom, so Let you know when I know more

17. PetarD

PetarDMembers

Dec 17, 2016
    Male
    Thanks neogeo, Pozdrav od Makedonija Care

Share Our Site