Xiaomi Mi Box 3 - Slot On The Bottom Of Remote

Jul 29, 2015
Its a vent to avoid batteries overheating and exploding.

Other MiBox models made for China can be had with a six-axis air mouse that works with wii type games and a wrist strap. Not adapted for MDZ-16-AB.

These games are generally defined as somatosensory games and benefit from a 6 axis mouse

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018

Other MiBox models made for China can be ad with a six-axis air mouse that work with wii type games and a wrist strap. Not adapted for MDZ-16-AB.

These games are generally defined as somatosensory games and benefit from a 6 axis mouse
I was thinking it was a vent at first since these include alkaline batteries. The Chinese version of the remotes uses 2032 cell batteries doesn't it?

Though I did look up a MiBox3 manual (non international I suppose) that shows a strap in the included list and showed instructions how to install it. The little hook inside is also inside the International MiBox3 remotes (at least mine does). But I noticed mine, new retail in box didn't come with a strap and the manual that shows included items didn't show a strap either.

So I guess a person could add a strap but if it's not 6 axis then no point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2018

Other MiBox models made for China can be ad with a six-axis air mouse that work with wii type games and a wrist strap. Not adapted for MDZ-16-AB.

Thanks for clarifying.