Xiaomi MI2S Case

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by sempracurtir, Dec 2, 2013.

1. GuidingL

GuidingLMembers

Oct 8, 2013
    Male
    In my humble opinion, I'd look for any design that sticks to the original case shape, as the phone is thick enough and the case's shape minimize that feel on your hand. If you have a large hand and don't have problems with thick phones, then go get the aluminium one (black or dark grey, without shapes). Either way, look up in the web for videos like this:
    to have a better idea about what you're just about to get :D

2. sempracurtir

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Could you put the link of the case you're talking, because I have many aluminium cases in those links xD.
    I think the case won't that much of a difference in size, to the phone. I was concerned about getting one, mainly to protect the phone from drops, scratches and dust...

3. Krucios

KruciosMembers

Nov 15, 2013
    Male
  4. deini

deiniMembers

May 11, 2013
  5. letsfifa

letsfifaMembers

Aug 27, 2013
  6. sempracurtir

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
  7. deini

deiniMembers

May 11, 2013
    #8deini,Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Well, you can look for another case, but no battery cover will protect your phone.
    The original Xiaomi silicon cases are very good quality too, and the have protection for usb and earphones.
    http://www.xiaomi.com/goods/4608

8. sempracurtir

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I think that a good battery cover can protect the phone as well ass the silicon case does. If it is a good one it will surly resist impact, it won't get scratched or even get fingertips...
    Of course that there some important details, like if it protects the camera and the flash well, withour compromising their function. But that is something that I don't know how to see, and that is why I'm asking for some help.

9. DeepSpace

DeepSpaceMembers

Nov 30, 2013
    Male
  10. deini

deiniMembers

May 11, 2013
    Well, maybe it can protect a little more than the standard cover; but the thing is that all the battery covers are made of rigid material, so they won't protect your phone as an elastic material in case of impact.

I won't recommend at all this cover http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...2S-2s-Metal-case-cover-screen/1048532112.html , and probably all the similar ones that cost ~10$ ; I bought one and it was very bad quality, didn't fit well, the power button was hard to use and it broke at the second day. Also, the feeling on the hand (this is more subjective) was not good for me.

I have bought one of the "Toughened glass with aluminium" that seems better quality, and I've read some good reviews in forums about it. When it arrive, I can post my opinion ;)

11. sempracurtir

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    I've just read in a review, that metal cases were bad for gps signal, making it weaker. Can anyone confirm this?
    If so, will the ones with tempered or toughened glass back have the same effect on gps or wifi performance?

12. GuidingL

GuidingLMembers

Oct 8, 2013
    Male
  13. Krucios

KruciosMembers

Nov 15, 2013
    Male

Attached Files:

14. letsfifa

letsfifaMembers

Aug 27, 2013
    Thx man !
    on the last pic u cant really see, But does it protect the front screen from the edge ? ( Curves a bit over the screen)

15. Krucios

KruciosMembers

Nov 15, 2013
    Male

Now is better?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S usando Tapatalk 4

Attached Files:

16. letsfifa

letsfifaMembers

Aug 27, 2013
    Yep Man thats Cool !!!
    Thx

17. Ansa93

Ansa93Members

Jul 19, 2013
    Male
    I bought this one:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hybr...Dust-Proof-Plugs-for-Xiaomi-2/1186388367.html

It doesn't add much bulk to the phone, it's very good looking (at least for me), it protects microusb and 3.5mm holes and the most important thing it protects the screen from touching on plane surfaces; the only little drawback is the feeling of volume and power buttons but you get used to it after some time.
    It isn't available right now but my advice is to look for something similar, I'm very happy with it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the cutouts for speaker, microphones etc are insanely precise.

letsfifa and deini like this.
  18. sempracurtir

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Does anyone know?

Is it good in terms of protecting the phone if it falls? (I've already seen it's pretty stylish ;) )

19. Krucios

KruciosMembers

Nov 15, 2013
    Male

No bro :( it's just a simple case. For protecting I suggest another case, maybe a silicon case.

Inviato dal mio MI 2S usando Tapatalk 4

20. sempracurtir

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    I'm sorry for insisting, but this really makes a huge difference in my selection process, as many of the cases I posted have a metal back or ar full metal, or have a tempered or toughened glass back.
    Furthermore, I would like to buy the case as soon as possible...

21. Amfibia

AmfibiaMembers

Oct 1, 2013
    Male
  22. GuidingL

GuidingLMembers

Oct 8, 2013
    Male
    wow that's nice, I'll try to post some shots of mine as soon as it arrive :D

23. letsfifa

letsfifaMembers

Aug 27, 2013
    This looks like a really awesome case.
    I hope they re stock, because I will buy it immediately.

Does it protect the front of the screen?
    (It comes over the screen a bit to make sure the screen isn't flat)

Share Our Site