Xiaomi Mi4c Right Blinking Light Issue - Possible Brick

PizzaHut

Members
Jan 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've been attempting to bring my Xiaomi Mi4C back to life after I drained the battery to 0% yesterday - I've left my phone charging for over 12 hours as I saw on certain threads but while doing so, no battery status light would light up, regardless of what charger I used, so I just left it charging. Furthermore, attempting to turn on the device only yields a red blinking notification light with no screen response, that is, I have not seen the Mi logo yet.

I have not been able to boot my phone to recovery mode (POWER + VOL DOWN) either and I was running a custom ROM (Latest Slim6 ROM) at the time but I have been using it for over a month with no issues.

Can someone weigh in on the issue?
Many thanks,
Pizza.

Press and hold the Power button for about 2 minutes....It seems like an eternity but if it's charged it should boot....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

I've just tried this after using multiple combinations of chargers and cables (all of which are quality products without defect). When it's plugged in it keeps flashing with a red notification light, turns off after 5 seconds of holding the power button (as if it's attempting to boot) and then starts flashing again.

Do you have any other suggestions?

- Pizza.

POWER+VOL. DOWN is fastboot mode..... POWER+VOL. UP is recovery......
Apologies for the mix-up, however, I have tried both solutions but neither do anything to change phone's situation.

Would you recommend trying to get a replacement battery, just in case the one I have in my phone is past its working capacity?