New Xiaomi Mi5 Turns Off And/or Restarts

xarli13

Members
Aug 21, 2016
My new Xiaomi mi5 came with a buggy 7.2.4.0. ROM which causes it to crash on contacts & dialer, as well as restart itself often for no reason. After reading a lot of threads and forums, I requested my mi5 unlock code from the official site yesterday and, in the meantime while I wait, I decided to install China Developer ROM 6.8.18 so I could use the phone in the meantime. However, my phone keeps restarting unexpectedly and only does not do this when connected to the PC or plug. I have reset it to factory settings, meaning that it goes on to re-start with the developer 6.8.18, yet it keeps restarting, or turning itself off, whenever not connected to the PC.

Any ideas or suggestions as to why this may be?

Thanks in advance!
Carlos

(...continuation)
FYI my bootloader is not unlocked.

I have also tried to install other ROMs by transferring them via MTP and then installing from the phone, but the "can't verify update" message came up; tried installing via MiFlash however the message "the device is locked" came up; even tried getting onto EDL mode via ADB using cmd, but the same message came up. Spent the last 2-days sat in front of a PC screen reading through posts, threads, watching youtube vids and trying practically everything...

I believe there is nothing I can do until I get the unlock code approval from Xiaomi. However my wonder is, if I get the unlock code, and I manage to install a Global stable rom, what will happen if the automatic restart & shutdown issue keeps happening? Can I still make use of the warranty? or will it be void?

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance!

++ UPDATE ++

I got my unlock code yesterday and I managed to flash the global (stable) 7.5.2.0 MAAMIDE rom via MiFlash. Sadly, however, the constant restarts and shutdowns of my mi5 are still ongoing. These only don't happen when im actively using my phone, not allowing the screen to turn off, when I have music playing on in the background using programs such as Spotify and when I have it connected via USB to the PC. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

++ UPDATE ++

I got my unlock code yesterday and I managed to flash the global (stable) 7.5.2.0 MAAMIDE rom via MiFlash. Sadly, however, the constant restarts and shutdowns of my mi5 are still ongoing. These only don't happen when im actively using my phone, not allowing the screen to turn off, when I have music playing on in the background using programs such as Spotify and when I have it connected via USB to the PC. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Grab a logcat and post it here, might give a clue

Regards

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Grab a logcat and post it here, might give a clue

Regards

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Tried to do that too but the logcat seems to shutdown upon the phone's restart anyhow, so it does not seem to log the issue.
After a series of emails with the retailer and Xiaomi technical support, I have decided to send it back to the retailer while in warranty in hopes that they can fix it.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Hi Xarli13 I have the same problems I've tried all the roms old and new as I bought the deep flash cable but same problem keep rebooting until battery drains or until I press power . And if I switch the phone it will boot by itself after a while . Some people say that could be the battery do you have any news from your retailer?
Thanks
Simone

mine did the same... global rom 8.0.04 did now i have 8.2.2.0 i iam suspicious it has to do with the selection of network...3g...4g...etc... or the operator manual or automatic...makes any sense..?

Hey guys,

After trying 100 different things, I contacted the retailer and sent the phone back to them. They tried to repair it unsuccessfully and then sent it to Xiaomi who, after a few weeks, managed to repair it and send it back to me. Now it works without a glitch.

I know it doesn't help much, but that's what I ended up doing.