Xiaomi Mi5s - Help Unlocking

Stomosto

Members
Aug 9, 2016
Hello all,
I just got a new Xiaomi Mi5S with global stable ROM.
My experience with a Xiaomi Mi5S plus was good and fast, I just had to download the developer and install via updater and unlocking with permissions from Xiaomi. But for this Mi5S I cannot find the global developer so I don't know how to proceed with the unlocking. Please anybody know how to unlock it?
Thank you

It seems you are talking about official ROMs and not about xiaomi.eu ROMs.
Xiaomi.eu ROMs are built starting from China ROMS.
You'll never find a Global ROM on xiaomi.eu.
On en.miui.com you'll find China and Global ROM, on Xiaomi.eu just Xiaomi.eu ROMS and in the ROMs DOWNLOAD page (link on top of this page) you'll find a list of supported languages.
There is no official Global Developer ROM, well there is just a leaked one for the previous week, but it seems that it has been removed, so I wouldn't install that one. If you really interested you should find the links in the official forum, but if your language is supported by Xiaomi.eu ROM I would install this one.

Yes I'm sorry I wasn't clear.
First I have to unlock the phone, then I will install xiaomi.eu ROM. But I remember that with my MI5S plus i couldn't unlock it with global stable, at 50% it failed. I had to install developer than it worked. But for MI5S i cannot find the global developer, i just found china developer but i cannot flash it with updater since the phone is global stable. Any suggestions?

That's a big problem and reading in the official forum I don't understand if there is a solution, not involving EDL flashing.
There is no global dev for Mi5s officially released, but 7.2.24 has been leaked.
You should find the links in the official forum.
It seems that moderators are removing posts with links to the leaked rom, but there is a thread starting with a screenshot where the link could be read, so you can manually copy it.

I'm going to wait for the next dev release, it should be 7.3.2
If there will still not be a global dev for Mi5s I'll post them.

BTW, it's not really 100% clear to me if to unlock is required (any) Dev ROM or (any/dev only?) China ROM.

Xiaomi should fix this damn mess.

Yes, I don't know why if the phone is with stable the unlock tool fail at 50% and with dev works fine.

I can confirm the following ( i'll try to explain clearly )

phone: mi5s 3gb/64gb

Started with fake reseller rom.
flashed global stable rom.
went through the steps found at: enDOTmiuiDOTcom/thread-434406-1-1.html ( just follow the steps to make sure your account is properly synced )
wait for the code.
unlock your phone with code.

( remember, i am on global stable official rom )

good luck!

this is my first message here on the forum.. :)

Sorry for not being able to post complete links

Last edited:
That not worked for me.

I don't know why but with Global Stable I don't have OEM unlocking and Mi unlock Status icons in developer options.
Also in kernel version I miss something.

Do you know if I can install China Stable/Developer if I have Global stable now?

Please help me, thank you

i did not have those options either..

just make sure you have the code, enabled usb debugging, all the drivers are present and go! :)

No, you can not install china roms over global roms when the bootloader is locked..

But again,, i did not need to do so either.

Hi,

I think we are missing the most important information here.
Can you please tell us what ROM you currently have ?
And please not just "Global Stable"...

Best thing would be a screenshot of your "About device" page.

When we have that, we can start working on your problem.

Regards.

I hope so they will realize Global Developer rom so we can switch to that and unlock our bootloader's.

One of the reason global stable cannot unlock maybe because Android Pay features, it has to be stable, no root and locker bootlader.
If you still want to unlock from global stable, u need to flash it to dev ROM first.
follow this one en*miui*com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=541128&extra=
Deep Flash Cable is a MUST, you can flash ROM from global stable only from Qualcomm HSB COM PORT

I want to update my status.
I unlocked it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tryed everything, the deep flash cable didn't work for me and I installed a ROM at half so I was without wifi and a lot of stuff.
I tried with the test-point mode and it worked in 2 minutes!!!!!! I installed directly the China Developer and unlocked it with it's own tool. Now I'm going to install the Xiaomi.eu ROM :) :)

I want to update my status.
I unlocked it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tryed everything, the deep flash cable didn't work for me and I installed a ROM at half so I was without wifi and a lot of stuff.
I tried with the test-point mode and it worked in 2 minutes!!!!!! I installed directly the China Developer and unlocked it with it's own tool. Now I'm going to install the Xiaomi.eu ROM :) :)

Sir can you explain clearly how you unlock the bootloader? i tried different ways to unlock but still no success. cause i also want to flash xiaomi.eu rom.

Well it's not so simple.
This should be the last chance to do.
So, I tried with deep flash cable to send the phone in EDL mode but with MiFlash app I wasn't able to load any ROM. So I look after the test point mode. This is really the last chance. You have to open your phone. to do that you have to unscrew the 2 little screws at the bottom, near the battery charge connector and with a litte tool you can open it, removing the screen (you can see on youtube a video show how to open and replace a battery so you can see it). Then you have to look for the test points, there are 2 little pins on the board, you connect the cable to the phone, then shortcut the two pins with a piece of wire or pliers, keep it shorten then connect the cable to the pc, after that you remove the shortcut and the pc will reconise the phone in EDL mode and if you Refresh in MiFlash app you will see it in a COM port. Now you can flash anything you want, to be sure, I flashed first the China Dev so I was able to unlock it with standard app, with the code, then I wipe it all and flashed xiaomi.eu ROM.

Attachments

• hq720.jpg
    hq720.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 3,187
Thanks for your response.
Looks it's too risky. I don't know if i can do that. Hehe. Anyway, thanks for your help. I should find another way to unlock this or maybe i'll wait for the official global dev to be release. More power!