Xiaomi Mi6: Tried To Install Global Rom But Updater "can't Verify Update"

reddmi

Members
Jun 15, 2017
Hello,
I tried to install the Global Rom on a Mi6 bought in the official Xiaomi Mi Store in Shanghai.

Here is what i did:

- Downloaded Recover Global Rom Zip File (Size: 1497MB): miui_MI6Global_V8.2.2.0.NCAMIEC_7f3f8ad7c8_7.1.zip (sorry, cannot post Links at the moment because fewer than 5 posts)
- Connected my device via a micro USB cable, and copied the downloaded Zip File into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of my device
- Launched ‘Updater' app on my device
- Clicked on the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, selected ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file i’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’

--> Got the folliwing Error Message: "Can't verify update" and "Other reason"

Can anybody help me why I am getting this Error Message?

Thanks,

redd(mi)

You cannot use the inbuilt Updater tool that comes win the phone to update to the Global rom from the chinese rom. First you have to unlock bootloader. ( go to this link and download necessary files and proceed on the steps. Note you might not able to unlock the bootloader instantly. The new MI unlock tool force us to wait for like 72 hours before the unlocking is done for the MI 6 device and u cannot use older versions of MI unlock tool either)
So after the unlocking is done after waiting the bidding time go to MI Downlad section, select your device and click the " MI 6 Global" link. There, you have to click the "flashing Guide" link and under that click "Fastboot Update". Download the correct fastboot rom ( your device model) and proceed with the steps they have shown. That all. enjoy the global rom version but i highly recoemmend the MIUI EU roms ( stable or weekly) I never had issues with them. Im also using MI 6

Reactions: thongkh and reddmi
You cannot use the inbuilt Updater tool that comes win the phone to update to the Global rom from the chinese rom. First you have to unlock bootloader. ( go to this link and download necessary files and proceed on the steps. Note you might not able to unlock the bootloader instantly. The new MI unlock tool force us to wait for like 72 hours before the unlocking is done for the MI 6 device and u cannot use older versions of MI unlock tool either)

Thanks your answer. Unfortunately I cannot see that link. Can You share that link again please?

And one more infomation: Meanwhile, the Error code changed to "Can't verify update" and "It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial ROM package"

Im sorry im unable to input links yet. Just google search " Apply for unlocking Mi devices - Miui " and you will get it on the top. there you have it.