Xiaomi Philips ZhiRui Downlight not connecting

Ghost_Buster

Members
Jun 7, 2019
Hi,

I bought 2 Xiaomi Philips zhirui downlights, but they won't connect to the network using the mi home app. I found that when i use a yeelight test-account with a lower user-ID, they do connect, but then the mi home app is unable to load the extension module. It looks like this product is not yet finished. Has anyone had more success with these lights?

I’m having the same issues in Australia. All the steps work except for when it tried to connect to the router/home network. I’ve tried heaps of things. Any help would be much appreciated for anyone who has overcome the same problem

I have also the same issue. I am looking already for day’s to find a solution. It has something to do with the regio your mihome account is. I maneged to install them thru a test account from yeelight. But then you have to share it from that account to your account and than i can’t add automations. But the question was also Asked there at yeelight. The answer is that they have nothing to do with phillips. I bought 2 philips hue gu10 bulbs and they work flawless. I think i stop with these yeelight or xiaomi lights. Too much problems to get them to work. Also deleted my mihome account and added again with regio china mainland and language english. That should be the solution. Nothing works for me. But the spots are working. Don’t know it anymore.

Maybe someone else has the solution.

by the way, i am from the netherlands

I found the solution here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2122159-1-1.html. It works!

"Sorry for the delay, I wanted to write immediately... So, basically to keep it very short all you need to do is to make yourself a new account from a country where they sell these devices. China will ask you to provide a.phone number, so that's out. But I figured out that making a Russian accounts only requires an email. So I did a Russian mi home account and guess what account number I got...? Less than the infamous 4294967295!!! Tried to connect my ZhiRui devices, and it all worked like a charm on first attempt!
Try it out and let me know if it all goes smoothly as it should! As I have been on the other side.of the problem for quite some time I really hope i managed to do some good to all those in this situation! I was jumping with a smile when I finally sorted it out! Enjoy!!! "

Reactions: Ghost_Buster
Hi, It's work connecting to the Chinese server, BUT it's taking a long long long time for the lights to respond.........It's not usable!