Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64 Gb

Pierino

Members
Oct 5, 2016
Hi, I'm using this device for a week, rom is only chinese/english and I want EU rom (with Italian) but it seems Xiaomi needs to wait 360 hours before permission of unlocking bootloader....someone know why?
It's not my first Xiaomi device and the last device unlocked was one year ago, so it seem be a new policy of Xiaomi, anyway phone is really nice... I'm in wait to test it with EU rom....

I got mine four days ago. I also have to wait 15 days for unlocking, it used to be 3 days. Very annoying.
I think we need a dedicated forum for Redmi 5 (and Plus).
Anyhow, the design of Redmi 5 Plus (I got the black version) is great. It tink it looks better than Mi Mix 2 thanks to symmetrical bezels. It is also much more pocket friendly compared to Mi Max 2 (18:9 6" is a sweet spot). Battery life is also very good. The only real weakness (taking the price into consideration) is the lack of USB-C and the rather poor rear camera.

Yep cant unlock right away. I get error 10008 when i press "add account and device" in the dev options

Well, now I've got EU developer rom in my Redmi 5 Plus after unlock bootloader but I've forgot something to tell..
First is that chinese/english stock factory version (china stable rom) doesn't allow sign in on MI account out
of China like I've still heard before, so we need to deceive china server with PlexVPN app i've used it from Italy and it works
choosing one of the asian servers (Hong Kong, China 1 or 2 etc) in order to assign my new phone to my existing MI acount
with other phones I've got (Redmi Note2 and Redmi Note 4X) and only before is started 360 hours wait time to unlock...
Second after unlock bootloader, developer option, debug usb etc and installing TWRP, you wil not have access to phone
(a sort of bootloop) and lost completely data because china Rom is encrypted by default and don't agree our TWRP,
therefore you have to install EU rom from USB/OTG key or external SD card so at the next boot you will have completely
new phone, only waiting it's first start...
This was my experience and hope this description can help, bye.

Well, I've found it on an italian android developer community forum but it is the same method and your link is explained better, thanks!