New Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 - Microphone Bug In Camera App

Joschka

Members
Nov 20, 2016
I'm very pleased about my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (Prime) but sometimes I wonder why all my conversation partners complain about the poor voice quality whily talking to them. They always tell me that they can't really understand me and that it sounds like I'm 20 meters away from my phone! After a few websearches I found a lot of Xiaomi User who sadly describe the same behaviour with their brand new Xiaomi Phones.

Like always there are a few solutions in the world wide web to avoid this problem but the most of them are very strange like:

• Rooting the Phone
  • Disable some Google Now Settings
  • and so on...
This is really funny because no solution did really the trick because the only thing that causes this strange behaviour on the Xiaomi Phones is the fact that the camera app - while filming in landscape mode - changes the recording input to the top mic on the phone. Sadly the camera app did not change it back after recording a movie! In this case it`s truly clear why all the people complain about the poor sound quality of my phone because I always speak to the lower microphone which was not activated back again by the camera app!!!

To activate the lower mic back again you are forced to record a short film in portrait modus!!! Thats all. No rooting, no disabling some Google Now settings...., nothing! :/

So please Xiaomi developers..., fix this terrible bug in the camera app... and all the frustrated users are happy again!

Thx. :)

(MIUI Global 8.0 | Stable 8.0.3.0 LHMMIDG)