Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 & Pokemon Go (slow Log In)

Eareland

Members
Jul 3, 2017
Hello,

I recently got my new Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and it's fairly fresh, so there's no many programs installed.
I bought (that) new smartphone because of Pokemon Go, because my old smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (4G) is too weak nowdays to run that game well. S3 runs that game, but lags (no internet lag) and crashes a lot, in some points. So it was time to get a new smartphone and try something different for me.

However, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 met all expectations, but log in (talking about Pokemon Go) is VERY slow, it usually fails at 1st try and usually fails when relaunching the game, and at worst, it can fail logging multiple times in row. I have tried to google to solve my problem, I have tried many things what google can offer to me. But as no one seems to have this problem in Pokemon Go with Note 4, it's hard to solve this.

Things I have tried on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, etc.:
- I have checked that background data is on for Google Play Services and Pokemon Go.
- I have changed Set preferred network type (from engineering mode) to "LTE only", "LTE/WCDMA", "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)", etc. too many to be listed. Default is "TD-SCDMA, GSM/WCDMA and LTE"
- I have turned MIUI optimization off from Developer options.
- My Mobile data isn't limited (I have no data plan)
- I have turned Data roaming off and on
- From SIM cards & mobile networks options preferred is LTE (I have tried 3G as well)
- Speedtest.net have given me results ranging from 25 to 30 mbps.
- Pokemon Go has all needed permissions.
- Wi-Fi works fine, example: using Samsung Galaxy S3 as a modem, and then connect Note 4 to it.
(then there's no log in problem in Pokemon Go.)

There possibly is some other things I have done, but I can't just remember them right now.
My carrier is Elisa. (using Elisa Saunalahti prepaid subscription).
I use microSIM card and I have no another SIM (nano) inserted.
I live in Finland.
Note 4 Pokemon Go is from Google Play & S3 Pokemon Go is from apkmirror (3rd party download).

And finally, here is some videos to show you what I mean. Both uses the same microSIM card.

This is video where I record Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with Samsung Galaxy S3 when log in Pokemon Go.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is video where I record Samsung Galaxy S3 with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 when log in Pokemon Go.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have read from internet that some people indeed have some mobile data problems with their Xiaomis, but this just feels weird as I actually can reach so high numbers when doing Speedtest.

I hope someday this will be solved. Thank You!

Looks to me like It's stuck in SafetyNet check part, it happens before loading the game.
I never passed that point when my device didn't pass SafetyNet, but with Magisk it took like 5-10 seconds then started loading.

You could try checking any SafetyNet test app from play store too see if the test takes that long time there as well.

Reactions: Eareland
Looks to me like It's stuck in SafetyNet check part, it happens before loading the game.
I never passed that point when my device didn't pass SafetyNet, but with Magisk it took like 5-10 seconds then started loading.

You could try checking any SafetyNet test app from play store too see if the test takes that long time there as well.

Tested it. Sometimes it takes significantly slower to get "Success". Tested in S3 as well, and "Success" was immediate.

- Also, used Note 4 as a modem and connected S3 to it. Stuck in loading, on S3.
- Tried apkmirror Pokemon Go on Note 4, no changes.

This is weird as hell.
Thanks for the reply !