Feb 4, 2017
Hey guys ,
I am new to this forum , though I have been using EU for a year now !
I just purchased a RedmiNote4 Snapdragon varient! I wanted to know , when Miui EU for Redmi note 4 will be available....
The TWRP for this device has already been released by XDA dev Abhishek789

Awaiting reply ...Thanks ;-)

No plans for support it yet.. It has Global ROM only..

Anyway.. Did you successfully unlocked bootloader on it?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Last edited:
Reactions: Aditya Tendulkar
No plans for support it yet.. It has Global ROM only..

Anyway.. Did you successfully unlocked bootloader on it?

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Hi Ingbrzy,

I have unlocked my bootloader successfully. Flashed TWRP and rooted on global developer ROM 7.1.19 . Any luck with EU ROM for our device? Thanks in advance

Aaah! Confusion!

A friend gave me a Redmi Note 4 as gift. The package says "global version" on a red sticker.
AIDA64 says it is Codename "Mido".
On the package there is no X at the 4, so this is Redmi Note 4 global version, but it has the IR port not in the middle (as RMN4X has it).
I guess it has LTE Band 20 which I need since it is global? What device is it now?

For flashing ROMs and buying good accessoires I need to know now what exactly to get...
What do I have to be aware of when ordering accessoires? I ordered H9 glass for RMN4 without X now (same anyway?).

There isn't even a ROM for "Mido" @ xiaomi.eu?

Damn Xiaomi, this is so confusing again - I got a Redmi Note 3 special edition "Kate" too and know that confusion!
Why do they have like 10 versions of one device?

Can anybody clarify stuff?

Aaah! Confusion!

A friend gave me a Redmi Note 4 as gift. The package says "global version" on a red sticker.
AIDA64 says it is Codename "Mido".
On the package there is no X at the 4, so this is Redmi Note 4 global version, but it has the IR port not in the middle (as RMN4X has it).
I guess it has LTE Band 20 which I need since it is global? What device is it now?

For flashing ROMs and buying good accessoires I need to know now what exactly to get...
What do I have to be aware of when ordering accessoires? I ordered H9 glass for RMN4 without X now (same anyway?).

There isn't even a ROM for "Mido" @ xiaomi.eu?

Damn Xiaomi, this is so confusing again - I got a Redmi Note 3 special edition "Kate" too and know that confusion!
Why do they have like 10 versions of one device?

Can anybody clarify stuff?
post about phone info here...

Here we go...

Screenshot_2017-05-04-11-45-16-721_com.android.settings.pngScreenshot_2017-05-04-11-45-56-099_com.finalwire.aida64.pngScreenshot_2017-05-04-11-46-09-405_com.finalwire.aida64.png

if the code is 2016102

It is on the box. :)

The device has the IR port not in the middle, and the notif. LED is on the left side of the earphone. So it must be 4X, but the box says just 4. IMEI matching device/software/box.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a mess.. Doesn't matters.. It's mido..

~Tapatalk~

Sure?

~Tapatalk~

My bad. Sorry for wasting your time,
found the Mido ROM. Silly me.
Regarding the screen protector it depends wether it has blinded areas (because of the different notif. LED layout) and reagrding the cases because of the IR port layout.
Thanks for your support, it is highly appreciated as you know.

Although your model is named Redmi Note 4 Global Version, in fact the hardware is similar to Redmi Note 4X rather than Redmi Note 4.
So if you want a case: order one for Redmi Note 4X.
Want to install a custom ROM? Use a ROM based on mido.

I have the same, bought a Redmi Note 4x case, installed mido ROM. Working fine, good phone, great value for money.

Hello, I have a xiaomi note 4 (snapdragon) global version, but I do not think it has 802.11 ac wifi, how can I confirm it? If you do not have this standard, can I install another ROM that have?

Hello, I have a xiaomi note 4 (snapdragon) global version, but I do not think it has 802.11 ac wifi, how can I confirm it? If you do not have this standard, can I install another ROM that have?
AFAIK Redmi Note 4 has 802.11a/b/g/n. I guess you can not change that by using another ROM.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4X mit Tapatalk

AFAIK Redmi Note 4 has 802.11a/b/g/n. I guess you can not change that by using another ROM.

Thanks,
But the snapdragon processor has this feature, there is this model with international ROM with Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n, ac. My redmi note 4 has dual band (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz). Is not that putting the international ROM?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através de Tapatalk

Thanks,
But the snapdragon processor has this feature, there is this model with international ROM with Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n, ac. My redmi note 4 has dual band (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz). Is not that putting the international ROM?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através de Tapatalk
WiFi a is supported, but not ac AFAIK.
5GHz is possible with a, but not full speed.

Reactions: Humberto Lopes