Xiaomi Redmi Note 4g And Dual Sim, Is It Exists??

nemo81

Members
Jun 6, 2013
Hi guys,
I'm going to travel to Beijing and I found a place where to buy the redmi note.
Looking on the net, I was not able to understand if the 4g version of the redmi note is available in dual sim or not.
Anyone has information about that?
thanks in advance
regards

Redmi note 4G is just single SIM, and Redmi Note 3G is only in dual SIM version, because had an MTK processor.

Trimis de pe al meu Tronsmart Orion R28 folosind Tapatalk

I agree it doesn't exist, but not because of the fact that MTK is the only one who supports dual sims. I suppose the snapdragon 400 also supports dual sim but that the.licence agreemeents with Qualcomm are very expensive per function. The raw performance of the MTK chipset is higher than the snapdragon 400, but the note 4G is already more expensive. So less performance but with 4G and more expensive. Adding dual sim functionality would probably add additional licence costs and productions costs, while still having lesser performance.Another problem was that it took some time.before the kitkat drivers were available from MTK, so I guess xiaomi had to move to qualcomm but did not want to have a big price gap between the 3G and 4G. Just my guess....

thanks for all this information.
By looking on the xiaomi website it looks like the redmi note its is now (or there is a version) dualsim and 4g. Take a look to the picture attached!!

xwuwl.png

a4snpz.png

Now, the question is.... which version is working in Erope? the Telecom version or the Unicom version?
here the specification:

Telecom Edition Network
  • Carrier networkmaster card support China Telecom 4G / 3G / 2G network, Vice card support China Mobile, China Unicom 2G network
  • Network frequencyTDD-LTE (B41: 2635-2655MHz), FDD-LTE (B1 / B3)
  • CDMA (2000 / 1X / EVDO Rev.A 3G; 800MHz)
  • GSM (900/1800 / 1900MHz)

Unicom version of the network
  • Carrier networksto support China Unicom 4G / 3G / 2G networks to support China Mobile 2G network
  • Network frequencyTDD-LTE (B40 / B41: 2555-2655MHz), FDD-LTE (B1 / B3)
  • WCDMA (B1 / B2 / B8)
  • GSM (B2 / B3 / B8)

Last edited:
There're some importances differences which might or might not be of importance to you.
Check Google to find a product comparion. As far as I can remember it has dual sim indeed, but it's lower clocked and has 1 4G band less.

China Unicom works for Europe as usual. Check with the frequencies of your carriers to see if you're gonna get 4G connectivity

Thanks Guys,
I will go for the Unicom version dual Sim and 4G

Ps: in my country, 2 4g frequecncy will work over a total of 3, so should be not a problem