Xiaomi Redmi Note

Discussion in 'Mi General' started by Jawad, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Jawad

JawadMembers

Feb 9, 2013
    Male
    Those living outside China now have another reason to go green in envy in the form of the uber-hot Xiaomi Redmi Note phablet!

The Xiaomi Redmi Note, as you probably would be aware by now, is Xiaomi’s first ever phablet and comes with an octa-core processor from MediaTek. The device plays successor to the already very popular Hongmi/Redmi smartphone, which comes with a quad-core processor, and which was initially launched for the same price as that of the Redmi Note. As we reported earlier, the device will come in 2 flavours in 1GB and 2GB RAM variants, along with distinct clock frequencies on the octa-core MediaTek SoC — 1.4GHz and 1.7GHz respectively.

Xiaomi Redmi Note Specifications
    5.5-inch 1280 x 720p screen
    1.4GHz/1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592M/MT6592 SoC
    1GB/2GB RAM
    13 mega-pixel rear camera, 5 mega-pixel front camera
    8GB on-board storage
    Dual SIM support
    3200mAh battery

The most interesting part, something which will mean Xiaomi don’t need to spend on marketing, is the pricing of the device. While the 1GB RAM/1.4GHz variant will cost a mouth watering 799 Yuan ($130), the top-end 2GB RAM/1.7GHz version will set you back by an extra 30 bucks and cost 999 Yuan ($160).

However, there’s a catch here. International users who would be after the WCDMA version of the device will have to wait a bit longer, as the company has only released a TD-SCDMA compatible variant for now. The first-gen Hongmi too suffered from lack of WCDMA, but it didn’t take Xiaomi very long to roll out a WCDMA compatible variant which we hope is the case here as well.

The device went on pre-sale earlier today, and is all set to be available in markets starting one week from now, on the 26th of March.

2. Coldbird

ColdbirdMembers

Mar 1, 2013
    Male
    720p on 5.5 inch?
    No thanks.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

3. Jawad

JawadMembers

Feb 9, 2013
    Male

I think it is good with this price

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Tiltowait likes this.
  4. cpasmoi

cpasmoiStaff

Sep 22, 2013
    Male
    France
    lol ? it's not an 50inch screen !

Tiltowait likes this.
  5. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Lol... Samsung Note 2 got the same specs and no one complained.
    Xiaomi Note has nearly the same ppi as Note 2.

6. Coldbird

ColdbirdMembers

Mar 1, 2013
    Male
    Can't believe I got triple quoted on that. Either way I'm glad they are pumping out models in all different kind of sizes.

That way everyone can pick the miui phone size they prefer.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

7. aron yu1985

Apr 29, 2014
    Female
    Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    I come from Vietnam. redmi I remember someone buy the notes in the country. yesterday when I checked the machine's information, why memory storage and only 4g camera of 8 mega-pixels only. remaining half why is my computer running slow bubbling and date recorder is produced in 2014/01 in the box redmi note is recorded in 2014/03. why the specs of my remi completely different note with the manufacturer announced thanks .. I need help

Share Our Site