Xiaomi SIM Activation Service -- SOLVED

MDims

Members
Sep 29, 2020
Hello community,

I'm currently on 12 stable for dipper.

All went smooth except for the SIM activation for Calls and Message backup.

Tried every possible solution I could find on this forum and other forums, contacted my carrier (Vodafone GR), enabled roaming on my phone too, changed language, reset network setting, clean install, nothing seems to make it work.

Find my device works, I can connect to Mi Account and receive confirmation by SMS, the only thing that doesn't work is the backup of Calls and Messages.

I'll try the weekly builds too to see if the problem is constant, I'll try PixelExperience later in the day too.

I'm coming from MIUI Global where the activation was working, maybe I'll restore the Global to see if the problem exists there too (was working before).

Any ideas?

Thanks for the hard work of the devs, the ROM is stable with good battery drain and smooth.

UPDATE.

After installing LineageOS -- Restored TWRP full backup (no persist) of stock rom -- vendor corrupted -- installed vendor 11.0.5 global -- stuck on mi logo -- wiped -- flashed vendor -- flashed Xiaomi.eu stable 12 -- rebooted.

Recovery used for xiaomi.eu twrp official -- for lineage twrp mauronofrio -- again twrp official for recovery and the procedure described above.

Everything works as it should now.

Credits to the thread below as well as a lot info from various other threads which concluded to following this procedure.

Last edited: