Xiaomi Smart product on EU server on China server

nikoli2803

Members
Nov 14, 2018
Hi I bought a Xiaomi Smart Kettle from aliexpress shipped from spain. I did not think much of it but i bought a european version. That is all fine so i dont have to use an power adapter. But that also means that the product can not be seen in the app on China server where all my other smart home products is.

So what do i do now? I have a double app on my phone that allows me to have 2 accounts. But that is not smart for the long run. I have many smart home products in china server that can be used with the kettle?

What to do? I have no problem staying in china server

Can anyone help

I think you are correct, I just tried changing the region to Europe from Mainland China, and can no longer see my (old Chinese Mi Mini) router or (Chinese) kettle in the Mi Home app.

Changing back to Mainland China and it all appears again.

It is all very simple:

Xiaomi wants you to replace all your cheap Chinese version Mi products with expensive European versions.

I think you are correct, I just tried changing the region to Europe from Mainland China, and can no longer see my (old Chinese Mi Mini) router or (Chinese) kettle in the Mi Home app.

Changing back to Mainlan
d China and it all appears again.

It is all very simple:

Xiaomi wants you to replace all your cheap Chinese version Mi products with expensive European versions.

That is stupid. Do you know if there is a way to combine them. The hardware part of the product should be the same.

Reactions: cobben
That is stupid. Do you know if there is a way to combine them. The hardware part of the product should be the same.

Xiaomi is trying hard to be stupid I think, because stupid improves their profit margin.

I can play with my router and kettle here to see if I can get them to appear in the Mi Home app set to region Europe.

I don't have anything else here, so no problem.

I have a problem now that the Mi Router app cannot access my router fully any longer, I am beginning to think it might be a related problem.

Xiaomi is trying hard to be stupid I think, because stupid improves their profit margin.

I can play with my router and kettle here to see if I can get them to appear in the Mi Home app set to region Europe.

I don't have anything else here, so no problem.

I have a problem now that the Mi Router app cannot access my router fully any longer, I am beginning to think it might be a related problem.

I also have the MI router. But i dont have problems accesing it. But there has the be away to either unlock devices so i could use my EU kettle on china server

I also have the MI router. But i dont have problems accesing it. But there has the be away to either unlock devices so i could use my EU kettle on china server

I only have a problem accessing the router with the Mi Router app since this summer some time, previously it has worked well for several years.

Otherwise everything about the router is still working normally.

Aren't you afraid of bricking your kettle by flashing Chinese firmware on a Global device?

Xiaomi has warned you! Lol.

I only have a problem accessing the router with the Mi Router app since this summer some time, previously it has worked well for several years.

Otherwise everything about the router is still working normally.

Aren't you afraid of bricking your kettle by flashing Chinese firmware on a Global device?

Xiaomi has warned you! Lol.

Maybe. But i firstly would like to investigate if others have done it. And what their experiences has been. I have Home Assistant in my home which i use to control my chinese Xiaomi Philips light bulbs so i could move all into HA but that is not as convenient as leaving it in the mi home app which i think works great.

Maybe. But i firstly would like to investigate if others have done it. And what their experiences has been. I have Home Assistant in my home which i use to control my chinese Xiaomi Philips light bulbs so i could move all into HA but that is not as convenient as leaving it in the mi home app which i think works great.

I just tried to connect my kettle in the Mi Home app (region Europe), after first removing the kettle in the app (region China), and then changing the region to Europe.
The Mi Home app (Europe) could not see the Chinese kettle at all.
It also could not see my router, the wifi repeater, or the flower sensor lying out in the hall - all of which get picked upp automatically in the Mi Home app (China).

Then I changed the region back to Mainland China, and the Mi Home app could reconnect the kettle with no problem.

So I think we all have to move to China, that is the only real good solution. ;)

Tomorrow I'll see if I can think of something else to try.

I just tried to connect my kettle in the Mi Home app (region Europe), after first removing the kettle in the app (region China), and then changing the region to Europe.
The Mi Home app (Europe) could not see the Chinese kettle at all.
It also could not see my router, the wifi repeater, or the flower sensor lying out in the hall - all of which get picked upp automatically in the Mi Home app (China).

Then I changed the region back to Mainland China, and the Mi Home app could reconnect the kettle with no problem.

So I think we all have to move to China, that is the only real good solution. ;)

Tomorrow I'll see if I can think of something else to try.

Its the same conclusion and result i get for my switching.

Right now no solution. I managed to link my kettle to mainland China with a older version of mi home but i see the kettle in the app bur i can't do anything.

try MAC spoofing?
usually they got diff hardware ID, hardcoded in their server.....
unless you managed to spoof the hardware ID with working one, chances are slim....

Right now no solution. I managed to link my kettle to mainland China with a older version of mi home but i see the kettle in the app bur i can't do anything.
Can you tell me the app version u used to link the kettle?

I've got the same problem. Bought a EU kettle here in Belgium but have already a dafang camera and yeelight bulbs that can only be connected over China server.
This is so ridiculous, these are all just devices, it shouldn't matter over which server you connect them!!!
I do however found a solution using the app Island
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.island
It requires NO root and works like a charm. Install the app, choose Xiaomi Home from ' mainland apps' and clone it as an Island app. Than you can login with the same Xiaomi Account but choose EU server.
You can even create a shortcut.
So now I have 2 Xiaomi Home shortcuts, one takes my to my camera and bulbs while the other let's me control the kettle
I DO think however Xiaomi should address this stupid problem.

Reactions: cobben
Here is a link to mi home apk (beta version) that allow to connect Euro-Chinese kettle to accounts with different region
No need to clone mi home or use different apps.

zippyshare

It may also work for for other devices (not tested)

Here is a link to mi home apk (beta version) that allow to connect Euro-Chinese kettle to accounts with different region

zippyshare

Thanks, I'm not gonna try for now but downloaded anyway, who knows.

Why people are complaining about products SOLD for CHINA MARKET only? really its ridiculous ...

Why people are complaining about products SOLD for CHINA MARKET only? really its ridiculous ...
Not that ridiculous, AliExpress is very popular over here and it is especially focused on none Chinese market. So Xiaomi and others know very well the products sold outside China.

Not that ridiculous, ********** is very popular over here and it is especially focused on none Chinese market. So Xiaomi and others know very well the products sold outside China.
Doesnt mean they have the resources to unofficially support the product! Sick of the complaints about this issue, people purchased CHINA only products knowingly.... What did you expect to happen?

Doesnt mean they have the resources to unofficially support the product! Sick of the complaints about this issue, people purchased CHINA only products knowingly.... What did you expect to happen?
Xiaomi advertises their products everywhere and want to become a global player. And it's obviously just a software switch somewhere. Besides when buying the product in a platform that is focused towards Europe it is mentioned nowhere that it is China only device and maybe does not work in Europe otherwise I surely wouldn't have taken the risk. At least this wasn't the case when I bought the product.
It's only after purchase that you find out you can only connect certain devices over China mainland server.
And even that isn't a problem, it becomes a problem if not all devices are treated equally. So you won't be able to use some of the devices because of a simple software connection switch.
And my God we live in a global world with a booming e-commerce were people order stuff all over the globe. And I think companies like and profit from this.
Shouldn't be too hard to let devices be connected to whichever server.

Xiaomi advertises their products everywhere and want to become a global player. And it's obviously just a software switch somewhere. Besides when buying the product in a platform that is focused towards Europe it is mentioned nowhere that it is China only device and maybe does not work in Europe otherwise I surely wouldn't have taken the risk. At least this wasn't the case when I bought the product.
It's only after purchase that you find out you can only connect certain devices over China mainland server.
And even that isn't a problem, it becomes a problem if not all devices are treated equally. So you won't be able to use some of the devices because of a simple software connection switch.
And my God we live in a global world with a booming e-commerce were people order stuff all over the globe. And I think companies like and profit from this.
Shouldn't be too hard to let devices be connected to whichever server.
But the product you purchased is NOT from official web site or store!~ so therefore you have no legal / consumer rights other than to refund the product through the 3rd party site /supplier.

DONT complain about the products not working when XIaomi didnt sell them officially to Europe, its fair if they want to limit products to regions... Think DVDs of the past... Region A and B... etc... no different!!!

We can have a very long discussion about this. This is a Xiaomi Forum. I think it would be/ is in Xiaomi's interest to sell as many devices as possible. To get Exposure for their products. So why would they restrict hardware that is perfectly capable of functioning worldwide? I Idon't think Xiaomi had in mind to restrict it's devices for certain regions like your example with DVD's. Especially like I already said since it's just a software switch it's not related to the device itself! If it would be a deliberately hardware issue like for example cellphone frequencies that's a different case.
And it's not about consumer rights, it's about having a confident feeling in the products you buy. It's about becoming a fan of the brand, that's what Xiaomi wants in the end. And a was a fan, now I'm not so sure anymore...

Reactions: tncss
This is a Xiaomi Forum. I think it would be/ is in Xiaomi's interest to sell as many devices as possible. ..

This is not an official Xiaomi forum, keep that in mind

Otherwise I agree with you that Xiaomi is creating unnecessary problems for itself outside of China.
But Xiaomi is not listening here, so there is no point.
Better to just try to fix what can be fixed without Xiaomis help.

We can have a very long discussion about this. This is a Xiaomi Forum. I think it would be/ is in Xiaomi's interest to sell as many devices as possible. To get Exposure for their products. So why would they restrict hardware that is perfectly capable of functioning worldwide? I Idon't think Xiaomi had in mind to restrict it's devices for certain regions like your example with DVD's. Especially like I already said since it's just a software switch it's not related to the device itself! If it would be a deliberately hardware issue like for example cellphone frequencies that's a different case.
And it's not about consumer rights, it's about having a confident feeling in the products you buy. It's about becoming a fan of the brand, that's what Xiaomi wants in the end. And a was a fan, now I'm not so sure anymore...
Once again missing the POINT though aren't you?

The products are SOLD for the sole intent of the Chinese consumer market, be that reason for issues of Support or sales it makes no difference. They are not selling these specific products in Europe, therefore there is no obligation for them to be supported. Much like there is Chinese and Global phones for a reason of localisation, product quality standards and also grey market infringements on Xiaomi's sales channel and reputation if anything goes wrong.

So by limiting the products to be used where Xiaomi intended it reduces the support and other issues caused by unauthorised or unofficial sales channels. Everything has a reason and sorry to say the reason is likely due to Support, Product Safety and Local laws about privacy and data.

zippyshare

Hi,

I did download mi home beta, and looks that it is working, but what I am interested in, is this official supported by Xiaomi?
Because I am planning to buy smart door lock, and it is imperative that new door lock can connect to all my other device in Europe region.
And if I lose that possibility... I bought useless expensive Door lock, becouse I can't do automation with it becouse of region lock.
Please advise, thanks.