Xiaomi Support For Redmi Note 9 Pro & Max?

Yemble

Members
Oct 6, 2019
Having been stitched up buying a Redmi Note 8 Pro, I really do not want to make the same mistake again, so this time I am going to ask first and buy later...

So, will someone in authority here please confirm whether, or not, the Redmi Note 9 Pro and/or Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, will be properly supported with ROM updates from Xiaomi.eu ?

I am sure that I am not the only one wondering about this...

We plan to support both, but how can we give you a concrete answer when there is no actual device to test on?...

Reactions: Lifesecrat
Granted, however, no doubt you also "planned" to support the Note 8 Pro?
Not really a valid comparison. It's a Mediatek-based device, and we don't usually bother supporting them. We tried, but those devices are just too prone to bricks or just fail to boot.
We don't expect any issues with Redmi Note 9 Pro/Redmi Note 9 Pro Max as both are Snapdragon-based devices, but we can never know for sure until we try.

Not really a valid comparison. It's a Mediatek-based device, and we don't usually bother supporting them. We tried, but those devices are just too prone to bricks or just fail to boot.
We don't expect any issues with Redmi Note 9 Pro/Redmi Note 9 Pro Max as both are Snapdragon-based devices, but we can never know for sure until we try.
Fair enough, the decision was forced by poor choices made at Xiaomi. They could / should have fixed this situation, but have chosen not to. However, this may result in buyers like me switching brands for future purchases. A bit of an own goal really.

On a slight aside, is there a pattern here where odd numbered Note Pro models are Snapdragon and even numbered models are Mediatek? I'm a relatively recent convert to Xiaomi, having previously always bought Motos and Sammys.

Fair enough, the decision was forced by poor choices made at Xiaomi. They could / should have fixed this situation, but have chosen not to. However, this may result in buyers like me switching brands for future purchases. A bit of an own goal really.

On a slight aside, is there a pattern here where odd numbered Note Pro models are Snapdragon and even numbered models are Mediatek? I'm a relatively recent convert to Xiaomi, having previously always bought Motos and Sammys.
I'm not aware of any patterns like that...