Xiaomi Tv 2 49" - Working With Mi Box ?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by iolan, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hi all,

Could someone say if Xiaomi TV will work with Mi Box?

Years passed and my TV still not have normal version of framework (4.3 i'ts funny but not enough). So my hope to have good UI was gone and now I want to buy a Mi Box, but I don't know if that box with MIUI will work fine with TV what already have MIUI, what remote will work (they have same remotes, no?). Also what about HDMI? TV have more than 1.

If someone have information about that oldest TV, please don't hesitate to say, thanks.

2. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    The box will work with any tv.
    Remotes, you can use any usb remote, or any bluetooth device.
    I think remote from tv and boxes are the same.

In my opinion, I vote for the international version... Android tv is android tv, miuitv its not the same, and you can use native 4k netflix and any atv app with no problem at all...

Enviado desde mi ZTE A2017G mediante Tapatalk

3. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Clarification as to Netflix HD/4K on Xiaomi TV from MDZ-16-AB official AndroidTV, 'international version'.

Netflix has strict requirements to support HD or 4K streams. For HD, the TV's hardware must support HDCP 1.2 and for HD, the TV must support HDCP 2.2. HDCP is a drm security protocol and I am not sure the xiaomi TV in question fully implements those Netflix dictated standards.
    I would never make such a blanket statement about Netflix HD or 4K streams from official AndroidTV devices without mentioning the caveat about HDCP support on the telly.

4. That was my plan. to buy Mi Box International with Android TV. But I still dont know how it will work with Xiaomi TV what by default use same remote, if I press Power On on Mi Box remote, it will not activate same button on Xiaomi TV? Or another buttons..

Also big question is change of HDMI chanels, Xiaomi TV have more than one, so how Mi Box will work with that?

5. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    The remotes are bluetoth, you have to pair it, remote and device
    So you will be able to use tv remote with the box, but only one at time, to control both devices at the same time you will need 2 remotes.
    I have 2 boxes at home and even there are the same, each remote oly works with one box at the time

Enviado desde mi ZTE A2017G mediante Tapatalk

Share Our Site