Xiaomi TV in English?

the_maker

DHD Forum Moderator
May 11, 2011
Because the launcher is made from pictures....
So, need to re-draw all graphic's from launcher.apk....
Ok, but how can you install the new apk's? standard adb push :)... i think it needs to be rooted too, but never heart of anyone who did it...

Jun 17, 2014
You can put some stuff in english, like the settings (because it's still android on it), after you can easily install app and so on ... but what is on the TV from beginning cannot be translated.

Oct 16, 2013
with a little bit of setup, the mibox pro is fully functionnal as mediacenter in English. You just have to forget about the chinese apps, but these do not bring added value for the non chinese users. see http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiaomi-mi-box-pro-enhanced-edition.24532/

I suspect that the mitv works just the same as the mibox (mibox=mitv without screen), so there's a good chance it would be functionnal also.

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Multilang leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
It works the same as the MiBox, just have to connect using ADB network instead of ADB over USB. I have the MiTV 2 rooted.... it's still in chinese, no english option :(
Actually in MiTV 2 is EN language but can't be set in the settings... If you are rooted, download app MoreLocale2 and set EN locale there...

~Tapatalk~