Xposed makes the system slower?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by llision, Jan 17, 2015.

1. llision

llisionMembers

Feb 25, 2014
    I made a fresh flash for sMIUI 5.1.16 today, and, after activated the xposed frame, i noticed the lag. For example, it takes a few seconds to load the gmail app after your touching of the gmail icon. But without xposed, it just loads smoothly. I've done such tests several times.

Now i am running my mi2 without xposed.

Is it just me, or does anyone of you having such feeling?

mikegiord likes this.
  2. zipalign

zipalignMembers

Sep 9, 2012
    no issue ever with xposed framework on MIUI.
    which modules did you enable?
    are you running ART or davilk?

3. mikegiord

mikegiordMembers

May 27, 2014
    Male
    Milan, Italy
    I was thinking at this issue right now! I noticed that keyboard become slower with xposed installed

4. llision

llisionMembers

Feb 25, 2014
    I don't think it's a issue. Xposed and its moduls do their work flawless. The only thing not so good as i said is the lag/react-delay.

When I was testing this lag, i have no xposed moduls installed. All I have done is install/uninstall the Xposed framework, restart and open the gmail app. Every test with xposed installed, i got a big white screen for 2 or more seconds before I see the gmail UI. But without xposed, the loading-animation of the gmail app is almost smooth.

I am running dalvik, not ART, as Xposed dose not support ART for now as I know.

5. llision

llisionMembers

Feb 25, 2014
    How do I notice this problem is a funny story:

My friend wanted to buy a new cellphone. As we getting into the markt, my friend just opened the gmail app on every
    demonstration-cellphone there and checked the loading-speed. Guess what, the iphone won. My super MI2S just showed me a big white face and keep me waiting for 2 more seconds there. XD

So after that, everytime I open the gmail app, I become very sensible to the loading speed/time. And finally after the new flash last week, I find the probably reason for the delay.

6. zipalign

zipalignMembers

Sep 9, 2012
    surely, you can't run ART, as it's unsupported :)
    I have only used xposed into cyanogenmod, and never in MIUI 4.4.4...
    no issue at all into CM, but there could be something in MIUI which generates some conflict [even if I don't know what it should be].

7. jauling

jaulingMembers

I've been using Intelli3G Xposed module for the longest time. I decided to turn it off and also remove Xposed, and my mi2s is all of a sudden much more responsive. Keyboard also is faster, it used to lag when I switched between letters and numbers and upper and lower case. I'm still on MIUI v5, so it sounds like it also affects sMIUI v6 too, which slightly blows :(

Would be nice to have Intelli3G as it does save me a bit of battery, but faster response is more preferred heh.

Share Our Site