Youtube Problem Mi4c Latest Stable (7.1)

strapabiro

Members
Jan 5, 2016
As title says, since i updated to the latest version, each video i play with the youtube app has the following error:

'there was a problem while playing Touch to retry'

I've tried every "solution" what i've found on the internet, clearing cache, disable, force close, unrestricting backgorund data, uninstalling update, hell i even tried the search feature of this forum which gives me an error that it cant fulfill my request since i made my account here. Long story short they all turn out to be urban legends.
Anyone has a solution besides the "try this and try that what came to my mind" stuff? Thanks in advance.
Sz.

I have same issue with latest rom: 6.1.7

Someone suggested this, using adb shell or terminal app:
Code:
su
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.droidguard.DroidGuardService

I have same issue with latest rom: 6.1.7

Someone suggested this, using adb shell or terminal app:
Code:
su
pm disable com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.droidguard.DroidGuardService
have to stop reading at su, im not a fan of rooting, but thank you kindly for the answer, hope it helps someone else.

fun fact tho; really old versions of youtube app, 5.xx.xx, the ones with the hamburger menu app drawer do work ...

In fact Youtube is working... but is quite annoying time to time we need to retry to see a video.

Oh yes, having just checked I'm getting this on Mi Note Pro 7.1.4.0 also.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

Terminal command above was an immediate fix. However what else is droidguardservice guarding? It sounds important. Thanks

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk