Xiaomi Redmi 13 Pro Chinese device - No Conection at all

diegochung

Members
May 14, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I am new here, and english is not my native language, I hope I can express my problem clearly, so people can help me with ease, and thanks in advance for your help.

I recently travelled to China, and bought a Redmi 13 Pro (Chinese device) and brought back to Argentina.
Here in Argentina, we have 3 major mobile service provider, Personal, Claro and Movistar.

I am having cero connection with Claro provider, but with no problem with others providers. (I have 2 sim card, Claro (for work), and Personal (personal use), with Personal sim card, I can connect without any problem in this device, but no luck with Claro), my guess is the supported band for Chinese device is not available for Claro provider.

Here is my question, if I flash the modem.img global version, as mentioned the following post.

will it solve my problem? or it won't help, since it is limited by the hardware itself?

Thanks again for your assistance!

When I researched phone bands for importing from China, I was distinctly under the impression this is set at a hardware level. In all my phones, I've seen many requests for a software change, but I've never seen proof it's possible.