[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Last edited:
Reactions: thaimax
no its only english/chinese.

I am not responsible for translations. They are included in xiaomi.eu base Rom and any bugs or problems with translations should go to the xioami.eu team. You can find appropriate threads here on the forum.
ok thanks can you tell me where I can't find

I agree with you. I've used v4a for 2-3 month and its a real battery killer. Besides, the volume boost options are pretty much enough for me.
Viper4Android is not a simple volume booster, is a sound optimizer that works amazing. It has a lot of options to adapt and to improve the quality of the sound for most ears/earphones/headphones/soundsystems.
For me is a must-have from more than 2 years.
If the battery lows, greenify it, and use it when you need to listen something.

Reactions: Danielk and Dizplay
a5653dcb66f3e782c35a8e8c1f78466e.jpg

Not bad.

It's without CPU Freq Limit, but with GPU Freq Limit

Viper4Android is not a simple volume booster, is a sound optimizer that works amazing. It has a lot of options to adapt and to improve the quality of the sound for most ears/earphones/headphones/soundsystems.
For me is a must-have from more than 2 years.
If the battery lows, greenify it, and use it when you need to listen something.
Well, I'm a musician for 14 years, I play piano, violin and drums. I have a good ear and I I'm an audiophile. But instead of using v4a, I recommend you to use the music fx or the equilizer of any 3rd party music player. I'm using poweramp and it is the best for me.

Also try to use high end headphones. I'm using sennheiser mx270 (not very high end, but also not very cheap) and it sounds perfect, but when I change it to philips headphones with same settings the sound is horrible. I used v4a to improve the sound with philips headphones. But when I changed to sennheiser, v4a wasn't required anymore. In itself, mi2s has a good audio output.

So, there are still ways to get better sound than software alterations. keep in mind. but if you don't mind battery overuse, then of course you can still use v4a ;)

there are:
- default volume (lowest)
- boost volume sMIUI (a bit higher)
- boost volume MID (moderate)
- boost volume HIGH (highest volume)

By selecting any of these you can manage to have the volume range you need.
Thai was the obvious part, that it boosts volume. Lol.
I meant what volume? The ringer? The speaker? The in call? The microphone?
Is it for all? Or a particular situation?
I couldn't find it.

V4A is not just a volume boost, it greatly improves the sound output. I agree that it's a battery killer, but I prefer to waste some more battery when I listen to my music than having a low quality sound. I use miui's music app and xiaomi piston earphones and I have to tell you that the sound quality difference using v4a is huge!

Reactions: Fortinho
I couldn't configure v4a with my pistons. I know it's personal but would you mind share your settings? Not sure if there is a export settings option though.

Thai was the obvious part, that it boosts volume. Lol.
I meant what volume? The ringer? The speaker? The in call? The microphone?
Is it for all? Or a particular situation?
I couldn't find it.[/quote
@Elbay Malik understood the same lol. by the way try in setting>sound and see if you see any difference or ask for @sebsch1991

Well, I'm a musician for 14 years, I play piano, violin and drums. I have a good ear and I I'm an audiophile. But instead of using v4a, I recommend you to use the music fx or the equilizer of any 3rd party music player. I'm using poweramp and it is the best for me.

Also try to use high end headphones. I'm using sennheiser mx270 (not very high end, but also not very cheap) and it sounds perfect, but when I change it to philips headphones with same settings the sound is horrible. I used v4a to improve the sound with philips headphones. But when I changed to sennheiser, v4a wasn't required anymore. In itself, mi2s has a good audio output.

So, there are still ways to get better sound than software alterations. keep in mind. but if you don't mind battery overuse, then of course you can still use v4a ;)

You are the first "audiophile" that I see to recommend the app equalizer instead Viper4Android.
Anyway, those stuff are really subjective, so that's ok.

I couldn't configure v4a with my pistons. I know it's personal but would you mind share your settings? Not sure if there is a export settings option though.
What do you mean? It works and you don't know how to set or it doesn't work at all?

You are the first "audiophile" that I see to recommend the app equalizer instead Viper4Android.
Anyway, those stuff are really subjective, so that's ok.

What do you mean? It works and you don't know how to set or it doesn't work at all?
Well, actually after switching to sennheiser, I didn't use any audio enhancer settings (music fx or equilizer, tone, stereo fx and limit settings of poweramp). But as you said it is subjective.

V4A is not just a volume boost, it greatly improves the sound output. I agree that it's a battery killer, but I prefer to waste some more battery when I listen to my music than having a low quality sound. I use miui's music app and xiaomi piston earphones and I have to tell you that the sound quality difference using v4a is huge!
I agree with you totally. That was the same with my philips headphones as I have explained above. But, if you switch to a high quality headphones, you would see that mi2s's own music output is actually great and you just need a better equipment to be able to sense it instead of battery-hungry v4a ;)

Well, actually after switching to sennheiser, I didn't use any audio enhancer settings (music fx or equilizer, tone, stereo fx and limit settings of poweramp). But as you said it is subjective.
I think is not only related to the quality of the "harware" you use to listen. I love to adapt the sound to my tastes. I got A-Jays, and I still love to personlize the sound with V4A.

Anyway, we are too OT from too much time.
Sorry dev, and great work with this sMIUI.

@sebsch1991 It's great rom. I love it for quality of sound. But I have little question and meaby a little request. It is possible to add mod that allows to switching a tracks with volume keys? In miui v5 we had an MI-Tools but now its not working anymore. For sMiui <if I remember well> 4.11.21 the switching with volume keys from mi tools still worked. But with compilation of 5.1..., not anymore.

@sebsch1991 It's great rom. I love it for quality of sound. But I have little question and meaby a little request. It is possible to add mod that allows to switching a tracks with volume keys? In miui v5 we had an MI-Tools but now its not working anymore. For sMiui <if I remember well> 4.11.21 the switching with volume keys from mi tools still worked. But with compilation of 5.1..., not anymore.
Thanks, Im glad you like my work.

Well, unfortunately Mi-Tools/wsm-tools is discontinued and not compatible with Miui v6. Maybe the first releases still worked, I dont know.
I have no influence here, sorry.

We have several issues with this ROM
* File manager FC (also on the mi3 and mi4)
* Google keyboard freezes, uninstall and reinstall needed. (Might be the app.)
* General freezes...

Might it be connected to the 200mhz limit?
mi2s no FC file manager

Hey there,
Great ROM! Really like it. :)
I'm a security fan and I recently saw the unlock screen of the OnePlus. It has a very smart feature to prevent people from stealing you PIN by looking at you unlocking it: every unlock process will have the numbers on the keyboard randomly realigned. Any idea how to get this feature in here?
//edit2:
I'm talking about this feature:
https://twitter.com/CyanogenInc/status/531876742089433088

//edit: Unlock of the device via MiBand does not work. When I select the band as an unlock device it says "Searching" and shows the MiBand, but after that nothing is happening... Ideas?

Last edited: