[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

After some testing and playing around: sMIUI imho is a better "overall package" compared to CM, which was less stable for me (crashes with camera as well as Swiftkey, for example). Battery quite similar... I really appreciate sebsch's work! Maybe he can make sMIUI a bit "smoother"...

If you refer to my post above: it's the Google backup specifically which I want to use. In AOSP it works, but not in sMIUI. I edited my post with a better screenshot to explain my problem...

Yes exactly. My Google backup option there is not grey... Anyway i don't use that backup at all.

I think battery is little better than other Rom, probably much better than aosp Ivan.
I love seb work, maybe yes, little smoother probably but it's really nice.

Can you install Rom via TWRP recovery?

Reactions: Matze002
Yes exactly. My Google backup option there is not grey...
Can you install Rom via TWRP recovery?

Thanks for your answer...

Normally I do install the "normal" sMIUI via the standard updater app. I will test "aroma" with TWRP... Maybe that makes a difference with regard to Google backup... Additional question: if you use TWRP for sMIUI updates, is it not overwritten again and again by the MI recovery after every reboot?

Thanks for your answer...

Normally I do install the "normal" sMIUI via the standard updater app. I will test "aroma" with TWRP... Maybe that makes a difference with regard to Google backup... Additional question: if you use TWRP for sMIUI updates, is it not overwritten again and again by the MI recovery after every reboot?

Well I always install the aroma version.
Probably.
Can you try please installing it with TWRP and tell me if you have problems installing it?

I will test tonight with TWRP...

EDIT: flashing 5.7.31 via TWRP produced the following error:

mount: failed to mount ... : Device or ressource busy

but after approx. 1 minute the installation went through succesfully! However, my "Google Backup" problem persists, as "acount" is still greyed out... :-(

Last edited:
Anyway the battery is crazy. I don't know if there was problems before but also with aosp I never passed the hour and half of battery. Now I have 50 percent after one day an 8 hours of stand by and 3 hours of screen.

Wow

I will test tonight with TWRP...

EDIT: flashing 5.7.31 via TWRP produced the following error:

mount: failed to mount ... : Device or ressource busy

but after approx. 1 minute the installation went through succesfully! However, my "Google Backup" problem persists, as "acount" is still greyed out... :-(
Oh. Really?

What procedure do you go through? Just install, select zip and go? It reboots.
O tried with 2870 and 2850 the same.

Google backup is no grey to me I can select and deselect.
Try different language I don't know

I updated to 5.7.31 and my default camera app (gray icon) is gone. The newer camera is installed but it crashes when Gallery button is touched. Any workaround? Is there a newer gallery?

Google backup is no grey to me I can select and deselect. Try different language I don't know

What do you mean exactly with different language? Simply switching from German to English (in my case) doesn't change anything, unfortunately...

Last edited:
? what you mean merged partition?
Since MIUI 5.5.15 the former 2 partitions of the Mi2s were merged into one. From that day on one could stick to the "old" or switch to the "new" partitioning. Therefore, different recoveries exist. TWRP, for instance, exists for either "un-merged" or "merged" (hope I explained correctly - maybe a Forum-Pro can confirm)

I have no problems using 5.7.31, only Backup app doesnt work.

Do you refer to MI Backup or Google Backup? If the latter than I have to wait with my problems... :)

Funny enough, the MIUI Backup app seems to work... @sebsch: could you please look into the Google Backup issue if possible?

Last edited: