Invalid Corrupted installation, now I can't access SDCard due to encryption

tofudido

Members
Dec 25, 2019
Hi,

The other day, I was performing a routine ROM update as usual, and mistakenly, I might have shut down my phone during installation. This caused a major issue as it could no longer detect USB-OTG. I spent the entire day trying to figure out how to fix this. I attempted wiping data and cache, but I never touched the internal storage. I managed to overcome this by going to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > USB-OTG > Change File System > Set as exFat. This way, it could once again detect external drives to install the ROM.

I was super happy, thinking I had fixed my phone, but unfortunately, it only installed the ROM on top of the existing data. This means I now have 177GB of space that can't be accessed on the new ROM. Even when I try to install apps, it doesn't let me because it doesn't detect an SD card.

I would like to know if there is a way to decrypt the SD card or transfer all the data to an external drive or computer through the command line. Otherwise, my last resort is to format all data to fix the phone, but that would result in losing all media content.

Device: Mi 9 Pro 5G
MIUI: 13.0.1
TWRP: 3.3.1 - 0930 by wzsx150

I'm willing to pay someone to help me recover this SD card.

Kind Regards,
Tiago Francisco