Do i have to unlock bootloader for flashing global stock rom to a global device?

elgortos

Members
Dec 17, 2023
I have a Redmi Note 10 Pro that i want to flash with a stock rom that is global version and will be flashed on a global/international device(this has been checked on the official xiaomi device verification page). I downloaded the MiFlash tool(latest version 2022.5.7.0) and also a stock rom that has been latest installed on the phone which is V14.0.8.0TKFMIXM or as it has been downloaded by the name sweet_global_images_V14.0.8.0.TKFMIXM_13.0.
Is it absolutely necessary to unlock the bootloader?
If so how do i do that?
And most importantly will the data be lost after unlocking?
If the data is lost i might as well do a wipe data in the recovery menu

I have a Redmi Note 10 Pro that i want to flash with a stock rom that is global version and will be flashed on a global/international device(this has been checked on the official xiaomi device verification page). I downloaded the MiFlash tool(latest version 2022.5.7.0) and also a stock rom that has been latest installed on the phone which is V14.0.8.0TKFMIXM or as it has been downloaded by the name sweet_global_images_V14.0.8.0.TKFMIXM_13.0.
Is it absolutely necessary to unlock the bootloader?
If so how do i do that?
And most importantly will the data be lost after unlocking?
If the data is lost i might as well do a wipe data in the recovery menu
I can't completely understand what exactly you want to flash. No matter, the BL MUST be opened to flash. How? : Use the search function on this page and you will find all the information you need. And yes, ALL your data will be deleted during the flashing process.

I can't completely understand what exactly you want to flash. No matter, the BL MUST be opened to flash. How? : Use the search function on this page and you will find all the information you need. And yes, ALL your data will be deleted during the flashing process.
I wanted to flash the ROM but keep the data(photos, docs, videos etc.). But i got and error in the miflash tool that it cant be flashed in locked state.

I wanted to flash the ROM but keep the data(photos, docs, videos etc.). But i got and error in the miflash tool that it cant be flashed in locked state.
If you got locked state error in MiFlash then you should unlock the bootloader